Relabeling chips. Do I need to remove the inlays? (1 Viewer)

CW23

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I have been putting together a mix set that I plan to relabel. My question is, better to remove the inlay or label over it?

Anything that anyone can add or any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks all,

Chris

Pros and cons to each. My preference is to remove the inlay as you can use a laminated label which is much more durable and has more options as far as look/feel. Big downside is there is no going back (although I have heard removing some labels can damage the inlay underneath on some chips).

Grant

Pros and cons to each. My preference is to remove the inlay as you can use a laminated label which is much more durable and has more options as far as look/feel. Big downside is there is no going back (although I have heard removing some labels can damage the inlay underneath on some chips).

Grant

Also big plus side is you tend to leave more clay exposed when doing inlay replacement. This can allow more of the edgespots to be visibile.

Also big plus side is you tend to leave more clay exposed when doing inlay replacement. This can allow more of the edgespots to be visibile.
Does gear do a removal and replacement? If so do you have any idea how much they charge?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom