Relabeling Boulder Station $1 Chips (1 Viewer)

ikeajones

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all! So I just received my first THC purchase and have some ideas for relabeling when I find some other chips that will fit with where I am going. My questions are 1) is anyone aware definitively if these chips are leaded or not? I tried to do some searching but couldn’t find any answer on whether these chips were created after 06 or not. And then 2) if these are leaded (or potentially leaded) and I do decide to relabel, I am going to be using an exacto knife to remove them. Is there risk involved in this for exposure to lead through this process? Appreciate any insight. I have no problem leaving them as they are and just trying to build a Frankenstein cash set around them, but really prefer to customize with a nice inlay featuring my St. Bernard.

Attachments

• 89DFC229-5C98-47EF-AB6D-0776834AD383.jpeg
    89DFC229-5C98-47EF-AB6D-0776834AD383.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 93594145-E938-408B-B946-AB5238AFF973.jpeg
    93594145-E938-408B-B946-AB5238AFF973.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 85
Awesome! Makes me feel a lot better about tackling this. The linked forum however definitely scares me haha it looks like if I decide to tackle this, slow is smooth. Guess in the meantime we can continue to use my ceramics to play haha appreciate your responses!

Hey all! So I just received my first THC purchase and have some ideas for relabeling when I find some other chips that will fit with where I am going. My questions are 1) is anyone aware definitively if these chips are leaded or not? I tried to do some searching but couldn’t find any answer on whether these chips were created after 06 or not. And then 2) if these are leaded (or potentially leaded) and I do decide to relabel, I am going to be using an exacto knife to remove them. Is there risk involved in this for exposure to lead through this process? Appreciate any insight. I have no problem leaving them as they are and just trying to build a Frankenstein cash set around them, but really prefer to customize with a nice inlay featuring my St. Bernard.

One other thing you could consider would be to just do the relabel for your frac and leave the Boulder Stations as is. It could be a mixed set. PCF members have built plenty of mixed sets over the years.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-official-unofficial-mixed-set-pr0n-thread-of-pcf.11227/

One other thing you could consider would be to just do the relabel for your frac and leave the Boulder Stations as is. It could be a mixed set. PCF members have built plenty of mixed sets over the years.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-official-unofficial-mixed-set-pr0n-thread-of-pcf.11227/
This thread is incredible! These are awesome! Also makes me feel a lot better as I am seeing a whole mixture of lots of different things! Thanks for sharing, I’ll be scrolling there for the next hour or more haha

@BearMetal did you ever try these??
Nope, never tried the Boulder Station THCs; however, all of the newer THCs I've tried have been a cakewalk compared to RHCs. That doesn't necessarily mean much, I know, but it bodes well for them.

Full inlay replacement sets take a lot of work, but the end result is amazing and you'll never regret doing it.
I have to agree here. As someone who has murdered racks into fracs for several sets, I love the way they turn out. But something also rubs me wrong about a set where some have their inlays replaced and some do not. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it doesn't quite scream "consistency". But a whole set of replaced inlays - yeah, that's awesome. A TON of work, but awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom