Refurbishing brittle china clay chips. (1 Viewer)

I've had good luck with the tri-colored spirit molds with the exception of the yellow with pink & brown spots:

View attachment 231438

Laying the chip across my first two fingers, and applying pressure to its center with my thumb, it took only slight pressure to break these. Roughly the same amount as I applied to the grey chips. (I was a bit pissed when I got these because I ordered the yellow with bright pink & blue spots)

I have two-tone reds I use for nickels, so I don't want to subject them to testing. But they have some flea bites and, subjectively speaking, look like they would break easily.

View attachment 231441

You really can judge by sight whether the chips are likely to be fragile.

Maybe a photograph doesn't illustrate this well, but in person the inferiority of the dull-spotted yellow is obvious when sitting beside the other yellow chip.

View attachment 231445

Unfortunately all sales are sight unseen :(

I'm currently using tri-colors in white, pink, blue, yellow, and orange and all seem very sturdy.

I'm done testing & breaking, but thanks for the offer @Moxie Mike (y) :thumbsup:
Yeah those Neapolitan yellow are terrible!!!!

I've had good luck with the tri-colored spirit molds with the exception of the yellow with pink & brown spots:

View attachment 231438

Laying the chip across my first two fingers, and applying pressure to its center with my thumb, it took only slight pressure to break these. Roughly the same amount as I applied to the grey chips. (I was a bit pissed when I got these because I ordered the yellow with bright pink & blue spots)

I have two-tone reds I use for nickels, so I don't want to subject them to testing. But they have some flea bites and, subjectively speaking, look like they would break easily.

View attachment 231441

You really can judge by sight whether the chips are likely to be fragile.

Maybe a photograph doesn't illustrate this well, but in person the inferiority of the dull-spotted yellow is obvious when sitting beside the other yellow chip.

View attachment 231445

Unfortunately all sales are sight unseen :(

I'm currently using tri-colors in white, pink, blue, yellow, and orange and all seem very sturdy.

I'm done testing & breaking, but thanks for the offer @Moxie Mike (y) :thumbsup:
The two tone reds chip easily but they don't seem to break too easily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom