Refelted old table (1 Viewer)

Undream

Two Pair
Reaction score
I bought this table on Craigslist a few years ago for like $500 and it included 8 chairs. not terrible. Anyway, the table flips and is actually a pretty dang nice dining table on the other side.

Well, as I have gotten into poker a bit more in the past 3-4 months, I really was annoyed with the low quality felt and cheap , mushy padding. I also absolutely despised the chip tray racetrack. You could never see how many chips people had in front of them. The cup holders were also like 3/8" deep, and we had multiple spills.

Decided it was time to re-do it. my budget... $150 -- all it got me was Volara 1/4" foam, a pre-printed replacement cloth I found at an online vendor, and a can of 3m 77 adhesive.

I knew I will probably end up getting a Chanman or something in a few years, but, I figured this would get me through.

Heres before:

first I pried up the inner foam. it was velcroed on! Crazy. the velcro pieces were stapled on, so, I removed all the staples. I saved the 1/4" piece of wood that the old felt was attached to as it perfectly fit into the recess and was flush with the chip tray.

I epoxied the 1/4" into the recess, and I had a can of expanding foam laying around and filled in all the chip trays and cup holders. I sanded the entire thing flat....or so I thought...

I really thought the volara foam padding would be a bit forgiving and hide just a bit of the minor wavyness in the surface of the table. I was wrong, but, by the time I really started noticing, I was already committed (had the padding adhered to table, and part of the felt adhered to the padding as well.).

Anyway, if I had to do it again, I would use a piece of 1/8" board across the whole surface so I had true flat. Live and learn.

The ghost of the old race track is EVER so noticeable in very bright daylight. Any time after dark with artificial light, it's nearly impossible to notice.

Regardless, this is going to be a great table to play on for a couple years. Maybe some day I'll re-do it again with some custom printed felt or something!

thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, nice work!

I just picked up this old table off Facebook for $100. New speed cloth, vinyl, and rail foam (shout out to Your Auto Trim Store!), and for $250 I now have this beauty.

The pics don't do the color scheme justice, it looks soooo good in person.

One nice surprise was that the table is 6 inches wider than normal, and the legs are 29" tall (vs 27" for my other), so it feels HUGE - lots of extra elbow room now, even 12-handed!

I'm really happy with the way it came out, can't wait to get it into action.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom