Recommended Circus Games for Meetup (1 Viewer)

All played limit:
2-7 Triple draw
Badugi
Drawmaha
Big Mitt (5-card Omaha/8)
Action Razz
Sassy
Archie
Crazy Pineapple

That is only 7 games, but is a good balance of draw board and stud games. I count Sassy as two stud games as it tends to take about 75% longer to play a hand than anything else.

Full 3-ring circus for newbies? Not advised.... a micro-stakes table, 2/4 limit table, and/or tournament format is best for painlessly introducing most circus games.

Scrotum8, Dra2maha, SOHE, BigO, Double-board Omaha, Shodugi, 3-hand Hold'em Hi/Lo, and Scarney are all popular at meet-ups. All play well as either pot-limit or fixed-limit games.

Full 3-ring circus for newbies? Not advised.... a micro-stakes table, 2/4 limit table, and/or tournament format is best for painlessly introducing most circus games.

Scrotum8, Dra2maha, SOHE, BigO, Double-board Omaha, Shodugi, 3-hand Hold'em Hi/Lo, and Scarney are all popular at meet-ups. All play well as either pot-limit or fixed-limit games.
It will likely be a $20 tourney format for the newbie table (or play cash but get 5-10x chips per buy-in) and a $2/$4 LHE for the others. Just wanted to be sure to lock down the games to choose from, print out the rules and have a set at each table.

Everybody’s always down for a little Omaha hi-hi (call OHH and I guarantee you will hear a satisfied chorus of OHH yeah)

Draw2maha
Double Board Omaha (5 card)
SOHE
Big O
Scarney
SHESHE
Omahugi
Shodugi
Scrotum8
3 hand hold’em
This is very close to my top 10 recommendation. Scarney would be played Icelandic 5 card (perfect for 8 players). I would also pass on Tahoe P+R due to the significantly different card/betting structure, but I think it's a great game once people get used to it. For truly new players, I would suggest excluding Scrotum8, due to the danger factor, and replacing it with imPLOcean(8). imPLOcean is just much easier to grasp. If you play imPLOcean8, then play 3-Hand HoldEm High-Only, or vice versa. Omahugi (4 card hand, must play two for Omaha hand and 2 for Badugi hand) and Shodugi (Simultaneous Hold'em/Badugi, a 3/2 split pre-flop, regular 5-card board, and post-flop badugi-side-draw) play well to introduce Badugi to a group. SOHE technically only works with 7 players, but just have the dealer button sit out and this entire rotation works really well with 8 players. Be diligent in managing the Draw2maha burns/folds/discards. Put burns under the button, and collect first folds (or second folds if everyone limps to see the flop) to use as the draw cards when you run out (i.e., use burn cards first, then first folds, then second folds, etc).

Danger games like Route66, or 3-2-1 would definitely not be on my list, nor games like 727 that have a lot of dead/draw time. Have fun!

Last edited:
For noobs I like 3 handed hold em. no split pot so easy to learn...

You will have to let me know what circus games will be running at the meet-up....
My crew is NL Omaha & Holdem only...so will have to brush up my other games ;)

Thanks again Marsha @abby99 for your mixed games cards in the on the resources pages....these are awsome.

You will have to let me know what circus games will be running at the meet-up....
My crew is NL Omaha & Holdem only...so will have to brush up my other games ;)

Thanks again Marsha @abby99 for your mixed games cards in the on the resources pages....these are awsome.

That will be decided in committee with Marsha.

I think circus games should always be split pot potential.

Paging @MatB to explain the risks.

Yes. I will explain the risks.

Playing Craig after he’s had 12 beers is risky.
It has the same risk potential as taking 5 laxatives. 3 muscle relaxants. And 6 sleeping pills. At the same time.
Things are going to get messy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom