Recent boat sales (1 Viewer)

Haha at the guy that strolls by and stops to stare thinking “ I want one of those”
1660308156666.gif

Fascinating, isn’t it. And at a time that doesn’t feel anything close to a sellers market. It’s probably just that natural phenomenon of trying to see patterns in random occurrences, but it sure feels like a trend.
View attachment 966372
Groceries, Gas, Rent or Chips? :unsure: Take your pick! Only 8.5% inflation number for the month of July vs last year.
Did anyone get that big of a raise last month?

I honestly think people are just running for the exits this time
They see more for sale and prices dropping

The yellow first sale was like $2500 a rack
Now it’s 1050? Last auction

Stagflation is a MF
I think you’re right. It’s a trend, just a different trend. And I’ll be honest, I’m a strange, petty man about some things, and those $2500 prices offended me. I’m not happy to see anybody lose money (unless we’re in a showdown) but I’m happy to see a market correction.
Then again, who knows what next year will bring.

I think you’re right. It’s a trend, just a different trend. And I’ll be honest, I’m a strange, petty man about some things, and those $2500 prices offended me. I’m not happy to see anybody lose money (unless we’re in a showdown) but I’m happy to see a market correction.
Then again, who knows what next year will bring.
I think in a more stable market many of these prices would probably have eventually gotten to some of these levels, just not at the accelerated rate that they did in the past couple years.

In time, “REALITY” will always catch up to a situation that just “FEELS GOOD” in the current moment. And there will always be those who “EXPLOIT” those situations for what they are.

I was perfectly happy with my passion for chips just remaining a hobby and not a major financial decision. Hence, had to seek an earlier retirement from the collecting portion of the hobby than expected.

Last edited:
Groceries, Gas, Rent or Chips? :unsure: Take your pick! Only 8.5% inflation number for the month of July vs last year.
Did anyone get that big of a raise last month?
I’d say the people buying and selling 400-500 piece sets for upper 4 - lower 5 figures aren’t too worried about paying for food, gas, rent etc…

I’d say the people buying and selling 400-500 piece sets for upper 4 - lower 5 figures aren’t too worried about paying for food, gas, rent etc…
Just because you own a Ferrari doesn’t always mean you can afford to maintain it. ;) It does look good siting in the garage or front yard though.

Last edited:
I honestly think people are just running for the exits this time
They see more for sale and prices dropping

The yellow first sale was like $2500 a rack
Now it’s 1050? Last auction

Stagflation is a MF
I think there is a certain part of, as the market crumbles on high end, you call sell out before it bottoms....

And, of course, the secret group buy helps too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom