Rebuilding a table, rail material help (1 Viewer)

JoeBGo

Flush
Reaction score
I’m going to be rebuilding a table and plan on purchasing foam and rail material from YAT.
My question is to those that have experience...what are the better vinyl options? How’s the whisper vinyl? Suede? Trying to keep the rail material cost about $60.
Thanks in advance!

I've never worked with suede, but Whisper vinyl has always has been incredibly easy for me to work with. I've used it on probably 90% of my builds. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Also, be sure to post photos! Is this your first build, @JoeBGo? What shape of table are you building? Perhaps I missed a thread about it, but I'd love to hear more about it! I've built a ton of tables over the last 7 or so years, and would be happy to help in whatever way I can!

Also, be sure to post photos! Is this your first build, @JoeBGo? What shape of table are you building? Perhaps I missed a thread about it, but I'd love to hear more about it! I've built a ton of tables over the last 7 or so years, and would be happy to help in whatever way I can!

It’s an existing table that I’ve redone once with suited speed cloth and a terrible job on a rail...I’ll for sure post pics!

It’s an existing table that I’ve redone once with suited speed cloth and a terrible job on a rail...I’ll for sure post pics!

Oh okay! In case you haven't seen this guide, I'm going to post it here as I think it's probably the most helpful resource to upholstering a rail I've ever seen. It definitely helped me out a lot when I first started building tables.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom