REBER Custom Chip Design (1 Viewer)

justinreber

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
A group of friends and I play a monthly (sometimes weekly) local cash game. $50 buy in with 25¢/50¢ blinds. We are using Majestic blank poker chips from Apache with custom labels from Gear. Highly recommend Gear and Apache both excellent to deal with. Table we are using is 4x8 and has ice blue (looks light gray) suited speed felt.

Tried to focus the chip on the most important part (denomination), but also wanted some custom features (lastname, city/state, and the west virginia state shape - visible in dark gray on background). Feedback welcome.

reber chips.png

While I understand and agree with less denominations, I also play in a game where the players insist on having basically all the denominations you have there. It drives me nuts but sometimes you have to give the people what they want.

Pro; rarely does anybody need change out of the pot

We run a similar 0.25/0.50 cash game and a 8/18/6 ($0.25/$1/$5) breakdown for a $50 buy-in works really well for us.

The set consists of:

$0.25 x 100
$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$25 x 80
$100 x 20
with a couple extra $500 chips if it really gets crazy

Just Feedback:

Black/grey background kind of bland.....black gold? (WV colors?)

Numeral Font makes it look like an NFL game is gonna break out.

I like the edge spots, but the same pattern on ALL chips? I would mix it up.....

Good color scheme; I would make the 10 a 20 (or 25.)

I play in a game where my friends use chip values of 10,20,50,100,500,1000. All of the arguments of how it's easier to post the blinds to not having to make change get totally overshadowed when it comes time to count a pot or someone's chip stack. It takes a fraction of a second to post a blind and make change compared to counting chip stacks across 6 denominations time and time again. I watch in agony as they lose track and recount only to get assistance from another player as well. The sarcastic bastard in me says out loud every time "boy I bet having less denominations on the table would help right about now".

I play in a game where my friends use chip values of 10,20,50,100,500,1000. All of the arguments of how it's easier to post the blinds to not having to make change get totally overshadowed when it comes time to count a pot or someone's chip stack. It takes a fraction of a second to post a blind and make change compared to counting chip stacks across 6 denominations time and time again. I watch in agony as they lose track and recount only to get assistance from another player as well. The sarcastic bastard in me says out loud every time "boy I bet having less denominations on the table would help right about now".

Next level sarcasm would be to pop one of these bad boys onto the table next time counting becomes an issue ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom