Real Vet Calls Out Fake Army Ranger at Shopping Mall (1 Viewer)

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
Looks like this guy was trying to pretend to be military for a shopping discount and his ass got caught

People of that age are just scammers arnt they, pure and simple specially if they get discounts/special treatment.

What saddens me is the elderly who do it, are they misremembering their past, are they doing it so people will talk to them in their declining years because maybe they dont have families, what is the motivation for a 70+ year old to put on some medals and pretend they were in a war. I think the reasons behind it is sad and maybe a reflection on how the elderly are sometimes treated.

What saddens me is the elderly who do it, are they misremembering their past, are they doing it so people will talk to them in their declining years because maybe they dont have families, what is the motivation for a 70+ year old to put on some medals and pretend they were in a war. I think the reasons behind it is sad and maybe a reflection on how the elderly are sometimes treated.

All of the above may be true, but sometimes, it's just an asshole who got old.

I can't believe people do this! Pretty sure I saw this dude at comicon dressed up as Aquaman...a soldier is a big step up.

I think I read comments on either this video or another one where someone said this guy has gotten in trouble for impersonating a police officer before as well. He's clearly mental because it's not just about the discount, this guy seems to like the attention and tries to have a believable story to tell. But those in the military sniff him out real quick

so painful to watch. from a layperson's perspective, i can't tell definitively whether he's an impostor, though.

My boss was in Desert Storm and said the guy is fos (and there are numerous comments from those claiming to be in the military echoing the same)

What I think is a more interesting discussion is how so many are quick to rush towards a violent solution (kick his ass!) when for me this guy comes across as someone who needs help. If you saw someone who was obviously mentally retarded/challenged and they acted out in some way, people would be more likely to give them a pass because of their mental state.

But since at first glance this guy doesn't come off like that, people are more inclined to recommend violence rather than realizing there is very likely an underlying psychosis that drives this individual to take on these roles, and he needs psychological treatment rather than an ass-kicking. He's suffering from a mental illness, imho.

You dont think he is just wearing a uniform to get discounts?

I don't. I think I read in one of the comments something about this guy having impersonated a police officer before and getting in trouble for it. If this guy was only interested in the military discounts, why does he have an elaborate story ready to tell to anyone who will listen?

Sure, my initial reaction was "that fat f'ing pos!" but then after watching the video again a few times he comes across as someone who has an illness where he wants the attention of being a military soldier, he craves it, perhaps even so much as to believe his own lies.

I'm not sure what it is, but to me it would be similar to someone who is an alcoholic or has a gambling addiction. He needs professional help

People like this have a definite mental issue going on . . . there was a person who was picked up for doing this at this year's Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa. Fool actually went on camera to give a TV interview. turns out he has done this several times, even getting MARRIED in his fake uniform. First thing they did after scooping him up was to get a psych assessment done . . . dingdingding.

It does not make what they are doing "right", but neither does it mean they should get their asses kicked. They need help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom