Ready for my relabel (1 Viewer)

and guys it was a joke don't take it personal lol, add " blublocker glasses "

Chips look fantastic!

Shorts are another story...

Curious why you matched the base color on everything but the white?

Man, the hundo... Never liked the face of the Tonkas, but always liked them in stacks. Now they look awesome both ways;

Chips look fantastic!

Shorts are another story...

Curious why you matched the base color on everything but the white?

Man, the hundo... Never liked the face of the Tonkas, but always liked them in stacks. Now they look awesome both ways;

i really like the blue design on the $1. i know its the only one that is different but the baby blue makes them pop more IMO. its different like myself :cool:

i don't have the label's yet. Those are photo shop pictures of what the labels look like.

Ah, ok. I would strongly suggest doing an inlay replacement. Those chips should be straightforward to do.

If you do just a label overtop the inlay it will likely go right to the edge of the recessed area, therefore you are going to lose more of the spots then in your photo shops. You may want to get some sample prints first.

Either way labels look great!

Grant

i would but cant afford the price for the inlay replacement at this time. Eventually i will be doing something like that in the future but for my first set i'm gunna give this a shot. I know it wont look as perfect as those photo's lol but still should look great! we shall see.

i would but cant afford the price for the inlay replacement at this time. Eventually i will be doing something like that in the future but for my first set i'm gunna give this a shot. I know it wont look as perfect as those photo's lol but still should look great! we shall see.

Curios as to the price difference between a label replacement and just going over top. My intuition is that if you spent this much on a bunch of mint chips you should do it right the first time.

Everyone can save money over time.

but yes over time once i'm able to save, i can just ship those chips and get it done right, but for now i can at least represent my logo on them in the meantime.

oh you mean remove the inlay myself? ive never done it.... lol.

If your careful it's not too hard but I understand if you are nervous. It can also take a lot of time (about 2-3 hours per rack) BUT the end product is worth it (more chip showing and then you can use laminated labels).

Your game plan also sounds good - you can always relabel yourself down the road as well.

Grant

yea im sketched on doing it myself. i may practice on some other chips i have that are RHC like my harbor MGM's to see if i can do it.

Ah, ok. I would strongly suggest doing an inlay replacement. Those chips should be straightforward to do.

If you do just a label overtop the inlay it will likely go right to the edge of the recessed area, therefore you are going to lose more of the spots then in your photo shops. You may want to get some sample prints first.

Either way labels look great!

Grant
This man knows something about Paulson inlay replacement.

Yeah go check out @grantc54 ’s post on inlay removal. On some chips, it really is quite easy. I would recommend ordering samples of both matte unlaminated that cover the inlay and then some of the smaller laminated/textured labels, do a couple test chips, and see what you prefer before ordering. On my RHC set, I really liked how the textured laminate/inlay removed chips looked much more.

Here’s a side by side comparison to give you an idea of the difference. The left is an inlay-removed textured laminate. The right is a matte unlaminated over the inlay.
E6C0B81E-83FA-4201-A059-37CF2F3C1A3A.jpeg

Thanks. Not yet. I’m planning to take pictures of both of my sets once I get the Tricycle Club labels ordered. I’ve only got samples on those right now. And I’m thinking of changing the monkey to brown.

I assume those aren't Gear labels. He does color-matched outer edges so that you don't appear to lose so much of the base color.

These are gear labels. I didn’t have him print samples with color matched edges, but I liked the textured look and feel more so it didn’t really matter for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom