Ready for .25/.50 NLHE Tomorrow Night (1 Viewer)

What is your chip break down for the starting stacks?

Last month I did
20 x 25c
20 x $1
3 x $5

Resulted in some major frac towers with all bets in $1 increments so this month I am reducing fracs and going with
12 x 25c
27 x $1
2 x $5

I have 10 starting stacks for 6 - 7 players so have a few rebuys as starting stacks. After that rebuys are all $5s.

Last month I did
20 x 25c
20 x $1
3 x $5

Resulted in some major frac towers with all bets in $1 increments so this month I am reducing fracs and going with
12 x 25c
27 x $1
2 x $5

I have 10 starting stacks for 6 - 7 players so have a few rebuys as starting stacks. After that rebuys are all $5s.

I like it! I like both stacks for sure.

I love my fracs! I have 200 of them! So I am ok with mountains of them:)

20170703_155710-jpg.126682

Last month I did
20 x 25c
20 x $1
3 x $5

12 x 25c
27 x $1
2 x $5

Worked fine with 12 fracs instead of 20. Only had to make change less than 5 times over the course of several hours.
May try going to 8 fracs per starting stack. I had a big double tower of 40 fracs halfway through the game so I started raising by fracs ($1.25, $2.75, $3.50, etc.) to get the fracs in the game. In one hand we did four rounds of betting when I finally stopped betting fracs at $7 pre-flop with 72 not suited. It was fun.

Worked fine with 12 fracs instead of 20. Only had to make change less than 5 times over the course of several hours.
May try going to 8 fracs per starting stack. I had a big double tower of 40 fracs halfway through the game so I started raising by fracs ($1.25, $2.75, $3.50, etc.) to get the fracs in the game. In one hand we did four rounds of betting when I finally stopped betting fracs at $7 pre-flop with 72 not suited. It was fun.

My preference is 12. Personally, I never bet in frac increments. I find that it will just build a pot that has a lot of fracs in it... then all the fracs will be distributed to the winner of that pot... and everyone else is short. I prefer to bet or raise in $1 increments, this allows all limpers or blinds to pull their bet back and call with $1s.

$40 buy ins plus reloads. Have 6 or 7 players coming tomorrow night! A portion of my 1500 chip Apache Majestic cash set.
I've always been annoyed by cases that have separate compartments for decks, because I usually use a setup in a box. It never occured to me that the setup box would fit nicely right on top of the space for the decks. Duh. Live and learn.

let me know if you want in on my weekly game, should be back up and running after Jan 1st. Where abouts in Boston are you?

I've always been annoyed by cases that have separate compartments for decks, because I usually use a setup in a box. It never occured to me that the setup box would fit nicely right on top of the space for the decks. Duh. Live and learn.

Nor did I.

I prefer the Pelican case now though...cut up and custom. Plastic outsides (not metal that can scratch things)...and you always have racks to transport chips from table to table.

I do 12 .25 and 12 1$ rest 5$ if players at my game dont understand that you dont have to bet a wad of quarters or ones in a bet then they probably wont last long before busting anyway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom