Re-Label HSI $25 secondary (1 Viewer)

Glacier

Two Pair
Reaction score
HSI $25.jpeg

Here's my dilemma:

@doublebooyah85 was gracious enough to sell his "murdered" HSI $25 primaries.

Currently I have:

HSI $1 Secondary (2 Racks)
HSI $5 Secondary (1 Rack)
HSI $25 Secondary (1 Barrel)

I bought the HSI $25 primaries to possibility do $0.25s. Do you think they will work the rest of the set? Perhaps change the label background from black to green to match the chip and have white lettering with 25c.

Or should I just re-label back to original and continue the search for another option.

As you can see, I need fracs to try to complete my set and at this very moment not inclined to buy the HSI fracs. Using CCs for the time being in games.

Chips should arrive tomorrow so I can actually take a look at them next to the other chips.

@BearMetal, @Himewad ? Any thoughts?

and at this very moment not inclined to buy the HSI fracs.
Ooof! Definitely not an option. They're hella-expensive. I've got both HSI sets, and I don't think that the primary 25 and the secondary 25 work together. It's not a matter of the label, it's a matter of their colors.

You've got a ton of murdered HSI $25 chips... And I consider that to be a win. I don't think you should abandon them as your frac. But what a lot of other people have done here is either use a solid, or use the Santa Ysabel $1 ... But, again, you have a whole bunch of murdered chips that you probably got at a great price, so I'm not telling you to abandon them.

I'll be honest, I think your best bet here is to ditch the barrel of secondary $25. You'd have to look for a barrel of RHC chips to murder and turn into a $25 since most are green.

Since you're keeping this at consistent with the HSI chips, I think that your label should definitely all match and have that black background.

You've got a ton of murdered HSI $25 chips... And I consider that to be a win. I don't think you should abandon them as your frac. But what a lot of other people have done here is either use a solid, or use the Santa Ysabel $1 ... But, again, you have a whole bunch of murdered chips that you probably got at a great price, so I'm not telling you to abandon them.
The Santa Ysabels are awesome as fracs. Such as great color combination.

STOP MURDER CHIPS!!!!!! KILLER:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Oh boy, don't look at my gallery. You'll be horrified.

The Santa Ysabels are awesome as fracs. Such as great color combination.
They are, and I think that's actually what @Pippa did. For me, the HSI chips are a complete set, including the original fracs. If I didn't have those 25c chips and I wanted to keep the HSI set as a single theme, I would definitely look for either the Santa Ysabel or a green $25 chip as you did for the relable.

... But that really leaves the secondary $25 as a problem. I don't think they go together, and you have dirty stack problems

PXL_20210827_212749887.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210827_212856635.PORTRAIT.jpg

View attachment 764705

Here's my dilemma:

@doublebooyah85 was gracious enough to sell his "murdered" HSI $25 primaries.

Currently I have:

HSI $1 Secondary (2 Racks)
HSI $5 Secondary (1 Rack)
HSI $25 Secondary (1 Barrel)

I bought the HSI $25 primaries to possibility do $0.25s. Do you think they will work the rest of the set? Perhaps change the label background from black to green to match the chip and have white lettering with 25c.

Or should I just re-label back to original and continue the search for another option.

As you can see, I need fracs to try to complete my set and at this very moment not inclined to buy the HSI fracs. Using CCs for the time being in games.

Chips should arrive tomorrow so I can actually take a look at them next to the other chips.

@BearMetal, @Himewad ? Any thoughts?
Can you share the other chips they would be with?

@Glacier One idea is that you could replace that single barrel of secondary $25 chips with something that's completely out there, like the Santa Ysabel $5 (which is brown and red). Since you're only replacing a single barrel, it's not very much work to murder them and replace them

I'll be honest, I think your best bet here is to ditch the barrel of secondary $25. You'd have to look for a barrel of RHC chips to murder and turn into a $25 since most are green.

Since you're keeping this at consistent with the HSI chips, I think that your label should definitely all match and have that black background.
That was my fear that they wouldn't work. I really like the HSI secondary $25 and would rather keep it with that particular set.

The label background for the HSI secondaries all kinda match the chip color which is why I wanted to do the same with this one.

Well hell...

@Glacier One idea is that you could replace that single barrel of secondary $25 chips with something that's completely out there, like the Santa Ysabel $5 (which is brown and red). Since you're only replacing a single barrel, it's not very much work to murder them and replace them
Yes. Plus I really like those Santa Ysabel...$1s, $2s, and $5s. They all look great.

I like the lime green primary’s more. I would use that as your $25. Frac should be a unique color. Blue/Pink/etc. *** I prefer ***not should

Last edited:

They are, and I think that's actually what @Pippa did. For me, the HSI chips are a complete set, including the original fracs. If I didn't have those 25c chips and I wanted to keep the HSI set as a single theme, I would definitely look for either the Santa Ysabel or a green $25 chip as you did for the relable.

... But that really leaves the secondary $25 as a problem. I don't think they go together, and you have dirty stack problems

View attachment 764741

View attachment 764742
Thanks. This was going to be my exercise tomorrow when I got them is see if they worked.

I appreciate your insight.

I have HSI snappers I’m hoping go up in value for a juicy trade one day…they pair very well with lady lucks too.

Attachments

• 808C63DC-E825-444F-91D1-A7E2EF23E6CB.jpeg
    808C63DC-E825-444F-91D1-A7E2EF23E6CB.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 94

View attachment 764741

View attachment 764742
I have held it back till now but I have always thought the $25 HSI Secondary was Hideous. Never has a poker chip actually hurt my eyes before every single time that I see it. I absolutely love the primary set....but I am glad other folks like the secondary because it gives me a head ache just looking at it.

I would have bought 60x$25 and 20x$100 secondary to add to my cash set for options on top end chips if I chose to use the primary 25+ in a tourney. But just couldn't because I didn't like the chips and couldn't justify the cost. No doubt they are top notch but it threw off the whole secondary set for me.

I say make the 25s you already have into 20s since they are already murdered and 20s are cooler then find an inexpensive, solid color tournament chip of some kind to turn into a frac.

I have held it back till now but I have always thought the $25 HSI Secondary was Hideous. Never has a poker chip actually hurt my eyes before every single time that I see it. I absolutely love the primary set....but I am glad other folks like the secondary because it gives me a head ache just looking at it.
Everyone's got their own likes and dislikes, so no need to hold back. It's funny, when the chips arrived my daughter asked if the "poker chip man" (ie Paulson) made a mistake and picked the wrong colors ...

... She doesn't live here anymore.

36842ABA-CFB5-4392-8794-14F2EC7A5D07.jpeg

Received the chips. And yes it looks like I have some decisions to make.

So I’m going to line up the edge spots and contemplate my next move.

View attachment 764768
I agree
But now I want a Santa Ysabel set
I’ll remove the label, buy the 5$ and make some fracs for the Santa Ysabel
For my HSI I found the original fracs ( 600$ for a rack:eek:)
How easy is this label to remove? I'm looking to do the same after finding original HSI fracs for $700 a rack :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom