Ray-Col Renderings (1 Viewer)

I think he got overwhelmed with requests for his renderings, he did spectacular work though!
Here were some renders vs the real thing.
1608575174891.png

1608575184562.png

1608575194084.png

1608575214866.png

1608575225274.png

Good question. He was such a good guy and extremely talented.

Absolutely amazing renderings. He definitely got overwhelmed with requests here, and at the time it could take up to 24 hours to render someone's set, so I'm not surprised he dropped off lol. Even with that much time sunk into processing, he still offered to do it for people who had their mock ups confirmed by CPC for production. A genuinely good dude.

I think he got overwhelmed with requests for his renderings, he did spectacular work though!
Here were some renders vs the real thing.
View attachment 598844
View attachment 598845
View attachment 598846

View attachment 598847
View attachment 598848
My gosh, the B-Diamond mold is just the nuts. I can't wait for my customs next year on that mold.

To answer the original question, looks like they haven't been active since before I started posting here. No idea what happened to them. Some people outgrow the hobby. Some have real life issues that pop up and they can't be here one way or another anymore. Some people are happy with what they have and don't see a need to post here anymore. Truthfully I'm getting close to being in the latter myself.

Nothing short of GPI taking orders from the home market again to make some THC molded chips or some chips on the old BCC (Web, MGK, C+S) molds would make me buy more chips after 2021 is over. But that's neither here nor there.

He also did some for me. Went poof without a trace sadly.
Can't believe it was only for being overwhelmed with requests... or he just can't say no :unsure: Hope he's not in trouble.

The mockups helped big time with visualizing. I mean, they're obviously (to me at least) not the real deal, but some of them get really close - and all are miles ahead of the chip design tool 2D renders.

full_breakdown_16_10.png

main_stacks_004.jpg

02_club_hel_25c_tray.jpg

03_club_hel_$1_tray.jpg

04_club_hel_$5_tray.jpg

08_club_hel_pill_tray.jpg

Famous last words. Or not-so-last words, anyway!
Even in non Covid times I host twice a month at the most. Seven cash sets and nine tournament sets (each tournament set will only see felt once a year as is) is plenty to go around. I don't even know what I would sell to make room for something else new. The Key Wests maybe, but what's incoming would have to be pretty special as the Key Wests were my first ever true clay chip set. The other sets I have are vaulted and not for sale.

Sorry for the derail!

After 2021? Meaning you’ll buy for another full year? Lots of time, then! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Plans change, but I more or less have my entire 2021 of chipping planned. I'm expecting receipt of two CPC sets in 2021 that are paid for already.

For the coming year I'm adding onto my Key West CPC's to give the set limit game capabilities. I'm also going to make some WSOP Final Table ceramic tributes with ABC/BRPRO, and I'm looking to fund another CPC set that will be ordered at the end of 2021 just so I can afford it. Besides helping out on running some group buys I have up my sleeve (accessories like cards, plaques, jetons, not chips), I don't have anything else planned chipping wise. Something else along the way will have to come along and really blow me away to deviate away from that plan.

Plans change, but I more or less have my entire 2021 of chipping planned. I'm expecting receipt of two CPC sets in 2021 that are paid for already.

For the coming year I'm adding onto my Key West CPC's to give the set limit game capabilities. I'm also going to make some WSOP Final Table ceramic tributes with ABC/BRPRO, and I'm looking to fund another CPC set that will be ordered at the end of 2021 just so I can afford it. Besides helping out on running some group buys I have up my sleeve (accessories like cards, plaques, jetons, not chips), I don't have anything else planned chipping wise. Something else along the way will have to come along and really blow me away to deviate away from that plan.
And the chipping Gods laughed, because the chipper had a plan.

Seriously tho — sounds cathartic to not want to chip anymore. I can’t stop. :banghead:

Reactions: 72o
And the chipping Gods laughed, because the chipper had a plan.

Seriously tho — sounds cathartic to not want to chip anymore. I can’t stop. :banghead:
For as much as you've amassed already, there's still more to discover. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on how CPC's compare after being spoiled with TRK's and leaded Paulsons so far in your journey.

Now this is a coincidence. I was just about to suggest a Raycol rendering thread to consolidate. He was very kind to me and went above and beyond when I was doing the Blades V.3. He never wanted anything for it no matter what. I sent a sample when they were done. Haven't heard from him since, so hope he is okay.

Here are some he did, including an amazing Christmas scene, which is apt for the season - Merry Christmas to all.

breakdown_001.jpg
stacks_005.jpg
walther_scene.jpg
X-Mas_Adam.jpg
case_b.png
racked_a_b.png
racked_b_b.png
racked_c_b.png
racked_d_b.png
racked_e_b.png
samples_b.png
splash_b.png
table_detail_b.png

He did an amazing video render for me (unsolicited!), that I had posted on my Riverside table thread, but I just went back to view it and I see that it is no longer available from wherever it was being hosted. I'm gutted. Not sure if I downloaded it (or if I even could). :(

EDIT: I literally watched it only a couple of weeks ago too, so the video disappearing is a new development. And he's no longer listed as a member, and I can't find the PMs we exchanged. Anyone have an email for Rainer?

EDIT2: Can’t find the video, but here are picture renderings he did:

92284307-FCA9-4F6D-8550-BABA06993365.jpeg
106C4B62-6EE1-4F0B-B169-18651F4E3600.jpeg

Last edited:
It appears that the domain he used to share his works with me still exists. Could try to send an email to <some-generic-handle>@domain in the hopes of it landing in some inbox that actually exists, or that he has a catchall set up. And I have a snail mail address, although I don't know if he still lives there.

It appears that the domain he used to share his works with me still exists. Could try to send an email to <some-generic-handle>@domain in the hopes of it landing in some inbox that actually exists, or that he has a catchall set up. And I have a snail mail address, although I don't know if he still lives there.
I’d love to get a downloaded copy of the video he did for me. I’d happily pay for it too.

My gosh, the B-Diamond mold is just the nuts. I can't wait for my customs next year on that mold.
Looking forward to seeing them. I’ve made a few CPC chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:IMO the B mold is superior to all other CPC molds...perhaps the scrown is on par but all others either don’t look as nice or stack height differences (MD50) knock them down a notch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom