Rate this line-up - Starlite Cruises (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the overall design of the set? (0 - awful, 10 - perfect)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JeepologyOffroad

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
What you are voting on:
- color progression/combinations
- edge spot progression
- inlay design
How do you rate the overall design of the set?

What you aren't voting on:
- rarity/availability
- condition
- affordability

fH36USn.jpg

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion I’m going to guess, but this is how I came up with my number

color progression/combinations - 2.5/4.5 - 2.25 being the average Paulson chip colour progression/combo, I rate this slightly above average

edge spot progression - 0/1 - the progression isn’t logical, but isn’t a huge factor, hence the low weight

inlay design - 2.0/4.5 - the font is decent, as are the shaped inlays.

Total 4.5/10

What you are voting on:
- color progression/combinations
- edge spot progression
- inlay design
How do you rate the overall design of the set?

What you aren't voting on:
- rarity/availability
- condition
- affordability

fH36USn.jpg
Pros:
Brights colors on many chips
Readable denomination inlays
Different shapes on the inlays
Background pattern on the higher denom inlays
Larger chip size for the highest denom
High quality base chip and mold

Cons:
No text on the inlays. I had to keep going back to the title to remember what chips these were. And while the logo is simple and clean, it's not so great that it stands alone
Edge mark progression is all over the map. 4x3 on the $1 cut down to 4x1 on the $2.50 and the $5 is only 4x2? There's no consistent progression of color, number or shape anywhere.
I love the edge marks on the $1000, and it doesn't bother me that the number here decreases because of the more complex design for the spots and it seems to make sense to reset edge progression here at 1000x your base chip. HOWEVER, the inlay also has 4 prongs and 4 cuts. Could we align the two design elements with an eye to geometry?
I've never been a fan of a $2.50 chip if you've got $1 and $5. Same thing when you have a $25 chip. What's the need for a $50?
With the rest of the bright colors, why is the green so drab?
Same issue with the green edge mark of the $100. Love the pink, can we contrast it with something better?

I see a lot of people love these chips, but I just don't see it. I just see a lot of potential wasted on some quality THC.

4/10, mostly for the THC, 43mm $1000, and the smattering of bold colors

This seemed like a GOAT set at first, but the more I studied it the more flaws I found. Maybe I should stop doing that.

Inlay Design
Inlays seem really polarizing. Love the art (reminds me of these hanafuda cards).

1638753683929.png

But seriously, no text at all? No name, location, or "one dollar" or anything?? Super odd...

Color progression/Combinations/Edge spot progression
- The $1 is the nuts. Amazing blend of colors and a great spot. One of the top $1s.
- $5 is good... 4d14 is a really good spot pattern, but the colors are average
- $25 is where it starts to go wrong. You have 4TA316(?) on the $1 to follow it up with a 3TA316(?) on the $25??? :banghead:. And if that wasn't enough, it goes from 3color spots to 2color spots :tdown:. Colors are good though. Certainly the weakest chip in the lineup.
- $100 and $500 are nice individually, but together the overabundance of 1/4 inch spots is a little visually unappealing. If the 500 were a 8v that would've been much better.
- $1000 is okay. Spots a little underwhelming. Blaze orange(?) is table stakes for paulson $1K's.
- For a bright and colorful set, there is a distinct lack of any yellow. Maybe the secondaries have it.

Still a great set and the $1 is truly mesmerizing. 7/10. But tbh I think if you take out the $1 this set is like a 3/10.

Probably my favorite chips. I love the inlay, but I'm a simple man. The colors are all great, shaped inlays. The best $500 in the game. Only knock against this set for me is the 43mm 1k but doesn't go towards my vote. Had to vote a 9 because I couldn't vote 9.5.

I like the simple inlay. It just seems to work.
Colors are amazing on all chips except the base of the 25. Gave this a 9 but could easily be a 10 on a different day. Love this set.

Wow, I have the lowest vote!... This set really does nothing for me, don't like the inlay, the spot progression is jacked and the spot colors leave a lot to be desired (to me only I guess, LOL)... I only bumped it up to a 3 because I like that it has the 43mm $1K.

I only wish the green for the $25 was more vibrant, it just doesn't seem to fit (despite its edge colors)...
I used to feel the exact same way until I saw the $25 in person. It really just fits to me. I think the 614 hundo is a bit of an outlier in person with the rest. Bearclaw hundo likely the nuts though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom