Rate this inlay - Bahamia (1 Viewer)

Rate this inlay on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best.

• Total voters

RainmanTrail

Straight Flush
Reaction score
1595232200436.png

1595232217383.png

1595232240870.png
ca

Love the inlay designs, but oversize inlays don't do it for me. Gave it a 3.

What I find funny for all the hate on RH&C and big inlays for being "TOO SLIPPERY" I have a barrel of my
clean empress chips. Its like a barrel of greasy lubed up hockey pucks. My Bahamia $100s LESS slippery
so yah not sure how everyone who hates so hard on these RH&C oversize inlays for that gauge the level of slippery

Do they have any none-white background $25-$100s? Those are just super fugly to me. Also multiple different inlays for the lower denoms throw me as well.

Hard 1 for me.

If they just had the single starfish inlay and then colour matched the other denoms, even with the oversize inlay, I would be onboard. As it is, meh.

Well as usual I go against the grain. I love the different $5s and the idea of having a mix in play. Wish they didn't run out of funds with the graphic designer after the $25... sucks to put all that effort into the $5s and then exact same inlay just color change. Although the colors used are amazing IMO.

This set screams I want a margarita on the beach! A nice balcony game with the hint of salt water in the air! I have said to Brie many times I would love a travel size set to head to the beach with a topper man. The key west have the same appeal but these are much more vibrant!

Another small factor with the Giant inlays they are a breeze to clean, so even if that travel set got dirty on your vacation it doesn't take long for a quick bath and they are again ready for action. Solid 4 for me!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Last edited:
OK, guess I have to chime in. Bahamias have always been a problem set for me, but since I bought "The Case", i have to keep the chips to fill it. Chipper-World problems...

With giant inlays, there's not much difference between considering the entire chip and considering the inlay only.

What initially drew me to Bahamias was the Millenium $5. I just love that chip to death. Given that chip as a base, I also love the contrast with the $1.

Unfortunately, I also really don't like the tame and muted $25. But then the $100 comes along and restores the Bahamian faith! Gorgeous chip!

The other $5s complicate the situation. I really like the Boys, since the overall darker blue tones come close to those of the Millenium.

The Dolphins are next closest in blue shading, but the composition is pretty dull. The Islands are a considerably weaker blue, with some distracting green -- OK only in a pinch.

But the Beach $5s lose the "blue" connection altogether, and to make matters even worse, they greatly weaken the contrast with the $1s. I wouldn't take them as a gift.

So my set consists of only Millenium and Boy $5s. I probably should have made a substitute $25 to eliminate that weak point, but other sets interfered, and I've never gotten around to it.

All these points make it pretty impossible for me to assign a single inlay rating -- IMO, the various inlays deserve the full range from 1 to 5.

OK, guess I have to chime in. Bahamias have always been a problem set for me, but since I bought "The Case", i have to keep the chips to fill it. Chipper-World problems...
With giant inlays, there's not much difference between considering the entire chip and considering the inlay only.
What initially drew me to Bahamias was the Millenium $5. I just love that chip to death. Given that chip as a base, I also love the contrast with the $1.
Unfortunately, I also really don't like the tame and muted $25. But then the $100 comes along and restores the Bahamian faith! Gorgeous chip!
The other $5s complicate the situation. I really like the Boys, since the overall darker blue tones come close to those of the Millenium.
The Dolphins are next closest in blue shading, but the composition is pretty dull. The Islands are a considerably weaker blue, with some distracting green -- OK only in a pinch.
But the Beach $5s lose the "blue" connection altogether, and to make matters even worse, they greatly weaken the contrast with the $1s. I wouldn't take them as a gift.
So my set consists of only Millenium and Boy $5s. I probably should have made a substitute $25 to eliminate that weak point, but other sets interfered, and I've never gotten around to it.
All these points make it pretty impossible for me to assign a single inlay rating -- IMO, the various inlays deserve the full range from 1 to 5.

You have a Bahamia Case? SWEET :)
And yes $5 Millennium chip is so awesome :)
Over two racks of those now once my recent find arrives :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom