Rare or Medium Rare? (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My son and I are having a discussion on whether this steak is rare or medium rare.

T bones, if it matters.

20190517_172343.jpg

@Poker Zombie

Rare inside, medium plus outside, which is not my piece of meat.
More time, altrenating sides, on lower fire might have produced a more even result.
Sad to admit I 'm all words; I was too lazy to learn something from my father's grilling skills.

Hmmm, guess my opinion was wrong. I always classified this as medium rare. Honestly, this is a perfectly cooked steak for me. I guess I'm a rare guy.

I still would like to hear MJ's opinion.

@ChaosRock ? Your a rare kind of guy right?

I’m a medium rare guy, but I’d still call that rare. Looks good though, I’d rather closer to rare than to medium!!

Truth is billions of destitute people around the globe would be more than happy to eat it.
What we 're doing here is described by the sarcastic Greek expression "Calligraphy on pubic hair":LOL: :laugh:

Rare.
Thin cuts are almost always rare or medium. Such a small window to hit a medium rare on a <1" steak. This is the reason I love tri-tip (and coulotte / picanha): A more forgiving window and a beautiful, tender, medium rare steak.

It looks good and rare with a nice sear. I’d love it.

Out of curiosity is anyone here a fan of raw ground beef? Here in Maryland it was very popular in the 60s. My dad grew up eating it regularly as a sandwich and still gets a craving now and then. I’ve only had it once or twice at one of those old man bull roast and oyster type of events where they give you a bucket for draft beer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom