Rank My Sets (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rank them in order of your preference. Feel free to leave comments. I will not be offended by negative comments/critiques. I'm happy with them for the most part. Here is my preference and reasoning behind my choices.

CPC Sunsets--- I know a lot of players aren't into solid cash sets. This set is personal for me. I cam up with the idea/theme while Colleen and I were celebrating our 20th Anniversary in Mexico. The entire theme is based around our marriage/family. I have added secondary chips (or whatever you want to call them) that include my grandsons name/year they were born. Then I added more ones that have Colleen and I with the year we were married.

TRK mixed set---wow! The feel, sound, weight, colors are all phenomenal. Plus the New China Club ones have a fantastic history behind them.

Paulson RHC mixed Relabel Carnevale set--- I love the fun colors. The inlay design that @p5woody is one of my favorites. It screams "lets fucking party". The design team of Adam, David, and Mike was a ton of fun. Made some lifelong friends because of this.

ABC Parks and Rec--- Talk about fun. That is what this set is all about. My favorite show of all time. Working with @bsdunbar1 and Steve was a blast. Nothing like getting 800 Duke Silvers on the table all at once!

BCC Samurai Palace-- When BCC got it right, they sure nailed it. Probably the classiest of all my sets. The textured feel of these chips is probably my favorite.

CPC Bourbons--- About 3.5 years ago I had a phenomenal month. I said screw it. Contacted Steve, told him what I wanted. We spit this out in a couple of weeks.

1. CPC Sunsets
2. TRKs
3. Paulson RHC
4. ABC Parks and Rec
5. BCC Samurai Palace
6. CPC Bourbons

20200907_132050.jpg

20200922_145852.jpg
20200827_172537.jpg
20200812_133835.jpg
20200812_133906.jpg
20200606_141948.jpg
20200603_185150.jpg
20181121_170430.jpg
20191022_160136.jpg
20191022_160136.jpg
20160106_161458.jpg
20171004_191733.jpg
20200413_142525.jpg
20200818_111536.jpg

Last edited:
Bill, I know all of your sets, but for others who don’t I’d suggest close ups.

My ranking:
1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets
Same order as @Hornet :tup:

Ranking:
1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets

Realistically this would probably me vote if I was just looking at the chips from the outside. However I'm also factoring in the personal stuff which completely changes things how I vote. That's why I'm curious where everyone else is at.

I have never handled TRK (it’s a self preservation thing) but the classiness and general coolness still place these at the top for me. I’m a BCC kind of guy so I value these highly. Absolutely LOVE your ABC set! Not a huge fan of the CPCs and not of RHCs in general. Do love the inlay though. Guess my list would have to be:

1. TRK
2. Samurai
3. Parks and rec
4. Carnevals
5. Sunset
6. Bourbons

Ranking these sets varies based on the criteria for the ranking.

If you rank them ignoring the face/inlay and solely based on the chip itself you can't really compare a ceramic to a TRK
BUT my ranking for chips in general hold a lot of value for the personal side of it.

1. Bourbons - These ARE detroitdad
2. Sunsets - I know I have read what these mean to you personally before, you just can't replace that. They are more than a chip.
3. Parks & Rec - Same as above. I had way more fun working with you and @p5woody on these than I ever had playing with the chips. Great chip design!
4. TRK - Best chips of the bunch that are just chip purchases
5. Carnevale - Although I think these chip choices are A++ (I had 3 of the 5 in a relabel set of my own) they are a relabel that anyone can replicate. Can't say that about 1-3
6. Never played with any BCC's, although I do like these Samurai's a lot.

My ranking:
1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets

Ranking:
1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets
I have never handled TRK (it’s a self preservation thing) but the classiness and general coolness still place these at the top for me. I’m a BCC kind of guy so I value these highly. Absolutely LOVE your ABC set! Not a huge fan of the CPCs and not of RHCs in general. Do love the inlay though. Guess my list would have to be:

1. TRK
2. Samurai
3. Parks and rec
4. Carnevals
5. Sunset
6. Bourbons
1a) TRK
1b) samurai
2) bourbons
3) parks and rec
4) sunsets
5) carnevale
They're saying I overpaid for the sunsets! ;)

They're all varied, but inside a bubble I'd follow @bsdunbar1 ranking.

1 TRK - the only chips that can hold their own with leaded THCs
2 Bourbons - can’t sell these, they match your table
3 Samurai - tough call - love BCCs, don’t love this design; I think it’s mostly the dark inlays on one side / light on the other
4 parks and rec - everyone needs more Ron Swanson
5 carnival - RHCs tilt me irrationally, but these get some bonus points for the denoms that are leaded.
6 sunsets - photo inlays and inlaid solids aren’t my thing.

Great collection here!
I agree with @bsdunbar1 's overall thought process here, Bill.

1. CPC Sunsets - I really love these and the extra special meaning behind them for you, actually gives them a "boost" in my book as well.
2. TRKs - I don't place a huge value on TRKs just because they are TRKs but these are just plain beautiful chips.
3. BCC Samurai Palace - beautiful set from top to bottom and the feel is awesome.
4. CPC Bourbons - love the set, great colors but I'm just not a huge fan of all quarter-pie sets
5. Paulson RHC - really great label design, but RHC chips with labels
6. ABC Parks and Rec - love the design of these and it is a really fun set with all the extra accessories but I have to put non-hybrid ceramics behind the others in this case

For many of the same reasons listed above in other posts

Bourbons
TRKs
SP
Paulson Carnevale
Sunsets
Parks and Rec

My ranking:
1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets

Ranking:
1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets
This is correct.

1. TRKs
2. Carnevales
3. SPs
4. Bourbons
5. Parks and Rec
6. Sunsets

Can we include sets you’ve sold in the last two years? I’d rank the Fabulous Las Vegas Paulsons higher than most of these, as well as whichever version of cigar and snifter BCC you had and sold. I don’t really care for the colors or theme of the Samurai Palace and I liked the FLV chips more than the Carnevales.
As of current sets I’d go:
TRK
Sunsets (I like solids and the colors)
Bourbons
Carnevale
Samurai
Parks and Rec

The themes of Carnevale, Samurai & Parks and Rec just ain’t my thing. They are all nice sets though and I actually like the feel and colors of the Parks and Rec chips.

If they were mine:
1. TRKs
2. Samurai Palace
3. Bourbons/Carnevales - tie
5. Sunsets
6. Parks and Rec
which is based on a combination of feel and design. Since I have no skin in the Park/Rec series or Sunset backstory, those two sets have little appeal (and they can't compete with the others as clay solids and cartoonish ceramics).

But if I were you:
1. Sunsets
2. Bourbons/Parks and Rec - tie
4. Carnevales/TRKs - tie
6. Samurai Palace
Personal connections with the theme and design would dramatically change the order for me.

Carnevales would break their respective ties on both lists if they were THC mold, but the design is strong enough to eek out a tie with strong contenders even on a RHC platform.

2 Bourbons - can’t sell these, they match your table

actually, if I need the loot I'm pretty sure this would be the first set to go. The table is "The sunset at the bourbon club". As long as I have bourbon available then I think the table would be fine lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom