Random Things You've Done to Obtain Chips (1 Viewer)

umbkcshah

Two Pair
Reaction score
So, what have you done to get poker chips that others (non-PCF) would not understand?

Two stories come to mind immediately: one at the start, and one recently.

Affiliate Promos: Back in the day, you could get Nevada Jack and Tiki Kings by playing online poker or sports betting. I played through all the reasonable promotions on my accounts. I still wanted more and convinced my mother to sign up for some sites... I remember one was either Bodog or Pinnacle to wager like $300. Simple enough, bet both sides of a game since losing 5% ($15) to get another 300 chips was worth it. Well, the wager that won had a deposit bonus. Originally, I couldn't cash out due to the bonus. I talked to CS, and they were kind enough to let me withdraw all, including the bonus winnings. Profit. I'm still a little shocked by that.

PCF Teamwork: Recently, I found some chips on Facebook Marketplace. I thought they were a really solid deal, so I send a PM to a @Seeking Alpha Social Club (never met). He was game to help and pointed me to a couple other members, @JRald07 and @Eazy, that might be able to pickup sooner. A few quick messages were exchanged, and JRald had arranged a meet with the seller. I sent him the money for the exchange without much thought. The chips will eventually make their way up north for a meetup game. Thank you again guys.

Attachments

• 16558452866861929792353059745232.jpg
    16558452866861929792353059745232.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 143
PCF Teamwork: Recently, I found some chips on Facebook Marketplace. I thought they were a really solid deal, so I send a PM to a @Seeking Alpha Social Club (never met). He was game to help and pointed me to a couple other members, @JRald07 and @Eazy, that might be able to pickup sooner. A few quick messages were exchanged, and JRald had arranged a meet with the seller. I sent him the money for the exchange without much thought. The chips will eventually make their way up north for a meetup game. Thank you again guys.
It was pleasure and I'm glad it all worked out!

Well... I mean... $20 Is $20! Lmao

Hit up @RivieraDanny about some chips like an hour away. He said no problem, drove out and grabbed them for @FordPickup92 and I!
20220303_211723.jpg

Top 4 racks here.

Old school members looking out for each other, didn't even ask for gas money!

Also flown 3/4s of the way across this beautiful country to meet total strangers at a convention in Vegas and came home with a single baggie of chips... TWICE! Factor in flights and expenses it averages out to about $40 a chip... but if that's all that matters to you in this hobby then you probably missed the whole point of chipping! Lol

So, what have you done to get poker chips that others (non-PCF) would not understand?

Two stories come to mind immediately: one at the start, and one recently.

Affiliate Promos: Back in the day, you could get Nevada Jack and Tiki Kings by playing online poker or sports betting. I played through all the reasonable promotions on my accounts. I still wanted more and convinced my mother to sign up for some sites... I remember one was either Bodog or Pinnacle to wager like $300. Simple enough, bet both sides of a game since losing 5% ($15) to get another 300 chips was worth it. Well, the wager that won had a deposit bonus. Originally, I couldn't cash out due to the bonus. I talked to CS, and they were kind enough to let me withdraw all, including the bonus winnings. Profit. I'm still a little shocked by that.

You're very welcome. I'll bring them North with me when I go to Dan's.

Flew across the country with more cash on hand than I’ve ever had and completely alone to meet a stranger I started messaging with on the Internet about a week prior. Met in a hotel lobby and then spent the next hour up in the room examining the 10,947 chips. Drove a rental car with chips stuffed in the trunk ~31 hours straight.

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever done. What I experienced over the course of that drive by myself is still surreal to think back on today.

I carried the cash in a mini lock box that looked like the Bible and looking back on it, TSA probably thought I was the dumbest person ever…I agree.

Will never do it again but damn, so many memories for a 3-day solo trip. Try explaining that to your family!

After experiencing the pleasant sound of my rental car gently rubbing against a side rail, I decided to pull over and take a breather at the next hotel/motel I could find.

Being in the middle of nowhere, naturally the first place I came across looked like something right out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. After 15 minutes of ringing a bell at the front desk of this motel without ever seeing a single person, I quickly ran back to my car and left before the boogeyman could get me. I had the exact same experience at the next motel I came across. Finally, on my third attempt, I encountered an actual motel employee who rented me a room. After about 3 hours, I woke up in complete terror to the sound of screaming (It was probably me, let’s be honest).

I didn’t trust the chips in the car while I was in the room, and my rental car was literally right outside the door, so I brought all of the boxes inside with me. When I woke up, I loaded up the car again with all of those boxes in nothing but my underwear and flip flops and took off in record time.

Didn’t make another stop (outside of gas) until I was home. Drove right through Hurricane Katrina 2.0 in Louisiana.

What a time.

After experiencing the pleasant sound of my rental car gently rubbing against a side rail, I decided to pull over and take a breather at the next hotel/motel I could find.

Being in the middle of nowhere, naturally the first place I came across looked like something right out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. After 15 minutes of ringing a bell at the front desk of this motel without ever seeing a single person, I quickly ran back to my car and left before the boogeyman could get me. I had the exact same experience at the next motel I came across. Finally, on my third attempt, I encountered an actual motel employee who rented me a room. After about 3 hours, I woke up in complete terror to the sound of screaming (It was probably me, let’s be honest).

I didn’t trust the chips in the car while I was in the room, and my rental car was literally right outside the door, so I brought all of the boxes inside with me. When I woke up, I loaded up the car again with all of those boxes in nothing but my underwear and flip flops and took off in record time.

Didn’t make another stop (outside of gas) until I was home. Drove right through Hurricane Katrina 2.0 in Louisiana.

What a time.

Great story, but what kind of chips??

Came here to say this.
Great (imature) minds think alike brother! Twas the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread, I giggled and was going to run with a solid joke until I realized the OP is an OG member and deserved respect (in my eyes) a quick refrence and then tried to respond as an adult! (But running with that joke would have been much better!)

I haven't done anything random yet, but hopefully one day I'll be able to post something in here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom