Random CPC Color Question (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
How many different versions of these colors has CPC had?

The reason I ask is because, lets say I want to order 600-1000 chips soon, but MIGHT add-on at a later date, what are the chances my colors could vary?

If so, what colors have seen the biggest changes? Are there some that are more/less likely to be changed due to popularity or high demand?

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't risk an add-on order of existing chips with ANY chip manufacturer. New denom or altered chip, sure -- but the risk is definitely there that you won't get exactly what you want when making a re-order. Pony up and get what you need all at one time. If you can't afford it, wait until you can.

Its not particularly a money issue, its more of a game size issue.

I'm moving into a new house that can finally support more than one table. But ultimately won't be able to tell for a while if the interest will be there for multiple tables.

In a perfect world would start out with 600-1000. And if the interest was there, I would add on.

I added on I think 3x to my twin spires cash set and have not been able to discern a difference in colors in the 25c, $1, $2, $5, $20, and $100. In an ideal world, it's a risk you don't want, but I'm amazed CPC is so consistent in every detail.

Agree with both BG and Courage....while there's always a chance of slight color variations with two separate orders, CPC has been remarkably consistent with their colors. Like courage, I've never had a problem with add-on orders. Jim B. knows his stuff !!

YMMV

-- dennis

On my add on from CPC I will say there was a slight slight slight difference in the base light blue for my $1 chips from ASM Vegas. Also as previously documented the print on my inlays was slightly darker/yellower

ASM Vegas on left CPC on right.

Obviously to avoid any variation ordering as much as you can in one order is preferred. But let's not kid around with this group. Add On's happen.

My CPC add-ons have been spot on.

I think the biggest risk is that dyes may change or become unavailable over time, which would not be under CPC's control (e.g., Pink has been replaced by New Pink). Fortunately, this happens rarely. With this exception, the Maine operation has been remarkably consistent with its colors.

In all fairness any change between my two orders may have been due to the ASM Vegas "Red factor"

My CPC add-ons have been spot on.

I think the biggest risk is that dyes may change or become unavailable over time, which would not be under CPC's control (e.g., Pink has been replaced by New Pink). Fortunately, this happens rarely. With this exception, the Maine operation has been remarkably consistent with its colors.

^^^ This

If you add on in the future, you are taking the risk that colors won't exactly match. You also take the risk that CPC will be there in the future. We have seen so many companies disappear (including ASM Maine for a while). If you think you might add on - just do it... now.

Thinking about it, making a second custom set doesn't require a lot more chips than adding on, if you're adding on to provide for two table at the same stakes. But it wouldn't allow for easy transfers between tables, unless you let the sets get mixed.

If you're adding on to allow for a change in stakes, that's another matter, entirely - adding on will cost much less than a second set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom