Raised Rail Plastic (1 Viewer)

sergiophil

Pair
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the site and have a few questions on a new poker table build.

I am inquiring on a few questions of a raised rail. This is going to be my second poker table, and I want to build a raised rail with led lighting. The question I have is what type of diffuser are people using? Are they using opaque plastic? Local home centers have these in rolls or do they come in sections? Also, I have seen some pictures of people using stickers, do most people get them from local print shops or online supplier? Are these stickers transparent too?
How are you guys attaching the plastic to the rail? Routing a grove in the table surface or directly attaching it to the rail with glue or screws?

I appreciate the help!

I bought a sheet of 2'x3' plexiglass, and sanded both sides with 120 grit sandpaper with and orbital sander. I then cut it into the appropriate size strips with a table saw sled to keep it from shifting or lifting and covered all cuts with blue tape. Be sure to use the correct fine tooth saw blade for plexiglass. Then I smoothed and welded the edges of the 3' strips using weld on #4. Let it "dry for at least 48 hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom