Raise In Arizona I - October 13-16, 2022 (1 Viewer)

Psypher1000

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1D7459C1-C695-4C98-A58B-26A7BA2AAB4B.jpeg

Goldfish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was he not on lockdown, right @Goldfish ?
Lockdown implies that there are times when he is actually opened up……. I believe the appropriate politically correct term is “conservative player.” I looked up that term in the dictionary:

The dictionary defines a conservative or cautious player as a @MatB. The definition goes on to state that, at a poker table, a "@MatB" is somebody who doesn't like to take chances and "step out of line". A @MatB will generally play ABC poker - playing strong hands aggressively and not looking to make many bluffs or unusual plays.

The problem with somebody who is a "@MatB" and DOESN'T change up their game is that good players will quickly identify them. If you are a @MatB who only plays strong starting hands, a good player will quickly adjust and quickly fold whenever a @MatB starts to take an aggressive line. This means that the @MatB will not get paid off on their strong starting hands, at least against good players.

Chippy McChiperson

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Lockdown implies that there are times when he is actually opened up……. I believe the appropriate politically correct term is “conservative player.” I looked up that term in the dictionary:

The dictionary defines a conservative or cautious player as a @MatB. The definition goes on to state that, at a poker table, a "@MatB" is somebody who doesn't like to take chances and "step out of line". A @MatB will generally play ABC poker - playing strong hands aggressively and not looking to make many bluffs or unusual plays.

The problem with somebody who is a "@MatB" and DOESN'T change up their game is that good players will quickly identify them. If you are a @MatB who only plays strong starting hands, a good player will quickly adjust and quickly fold whenever a @MatB starts to take an aggressive line. This means that the @MatB will not get paid off on their strong starting hands, at least against good players.
I guess you guys didn’t adjust down in Texas

Rhodeman77

Straight Flush
Reaction score

This is all correct, but apparently @MatB is also very good at game selection and plays with plenty of (gold)fish that will pay him off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom