Rail Vinyl Options (1 Viewer)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So I am starting to research my first build and have recently ordered samples from YAT for some rail vinyl options. I have narrowed it down to Whisper Vinyl and Vintage Vinyl. I have read most all of the table build threads and was curious if anyone has used the vintage vinyl before. It is slightly more expensive than whisper, and I really like the look and feel of it. Any reason not to go with it?

I used symphony vintage on my first table. It's much harder to pull and has less stretch than whisper by far. It also tears a bit easier, so you need to be careful with it.

But it is a bit thicker and in my opinion had a better feel to it once installed.

Whisper vinyl appears to be the most popular, I dont know why, sorry. Please post table PrOn when its done!

Joann fabrics carries whisper for good prices if you wait for coupons. They have lots of 50 percent off total purchase price coupons.

I've used a couple of different materials for rails and whisper is always the better finished product. 60# foam is also the way to go imo.

Joann fabrics carries whisper for good prices if you wait for coupons. They have lots of 50 percent off total purchase price coupons.

I've used a couple of different materials for rails and whisper is always the better finished product. 60# foam is also the way to go imo.
Have you used Vintage Vinyl? In a side by side comparison to whisper samples I can not find anything that I would consider negative. I have samples of many of the cheaper options, and quickly dismissed them.

I agree that the 60# foam is the optimal choice.

I used symphony vintage on my first table. It's much harder to pull and has less stretch than whisper by far. It also tears a bit easier, so you need to be careful with it.

But it is a bit thicker and in my opinion had a better feel to it once installed.
If I am compressing the foam by kneeling on the rail, how much stretch do I need? Will the spring of the foam not fill in areas?

you want to pull t as tight as you can to get a clean finished rail in my experience.

You can also use heat to stretch the vinyl further, but don't go too extreme as the vinyl will begin to discolor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom