RAGR design phase (1 Viewer)

natumes

Flush
Reaction score
Been milling the idea over for awhile now. Figured I'd post some mockups and get some feedback. The set will primarily be for .25/.50 cash game, and occasionally as a two table 2k tournament set (never in the same night of course!). As with all my sets, it will be rotated onto the craps table at some point as well. Lately I've had 2 sets out for craps, 1 for each side of the table, because variety is the spice of life!

Inlay is still a work in progress. I'm thinking of adjusting the elements to be similar to the King Aruba inlay in layout. I really like the cog shape and may use it on all chips, as the center image will be the AR15 bolt face and it matches the theme.

I will say, these are the most important samples I think I've ever handled. The design tool is great, but it does a terrible job of representing the colors. Disappointed in the yellow options for sure. I'm not in love with the $25. I realized there just aren't a lot of $25 chips I really love to draw any inspiration from.

I think I've pretty much settled on the Diamond Square mold. Runners up are Circle Square and Jockey. Would really like to handle a barrel of DiaSqr and Jockey before a final decision (I have some CirSqr).

1615858811301.png

1615858827340.png
1615859127328.png
1615859139730.png

I would replace the $5 base with Dayglo Tiger, and use some other base colour for your frac, just to be different.
1616022510354.png

1616022717021.png

I like the suggestion. I was sorely tempted by the Emerald Bay set for sale recently with the orange $5 and purple $20s. Which spots do you like better on it, arc yellow or white?
Gotta have a red chip in there somewhere - I love red chips. $500 seems like a decent spot?

I tried different yellow fracs, I just am not impressed with the CPC yellows besides arc yellow. I went back and forth between charcoal and black. I like the high contrast between the dayglo colors and the black.

Did some work on the inlays, added a 25k for lols

1616291831052.png

Latest iteration, I think this may be the final color scheme. I'll be ordering enough chips for cash and a 2 table tourney. Mold is between Diamond Square and Circle Square.
RAGR diasqr custom set.png

There is an interesting thread on Diamond Square you should read about split spots. Additionally, I've seen comments on variance in chip thickness.

My china mold chips have a chip similar to the T25k. It's fun and a bit silly, but why not.

There is a lot of red in your entire set. Something about the colors makes me keep thinking about BTP.

,25-100 it's 3 groups of spots(kinda 6 on the 100), then 6, then 6, then 8. Maybe consider using the other 3 groups elements for the 1k, 5k, 25k.

Is this set meant to work as a cash set for lower denoms with the higher denims being a tournament set? If so, it might be good to consider a cash set ending with $20 and a tournament set starting with T25.

Is this set meant to work as a cash set for lower denoms with the higher denims being a tournament set? If so, it might be good to consider a cash set ending with $20 and a tournament set starting with T25.
I don't play cash and tourney on the same night with the same set. I understand the risk, but I've been doing it without issue for over a year now. The set will also primarily be used for craps and tournaments, with no cash value to the chips.

There is an interesting thread on Diamond Square you should read about split spots. Additionally, I've seen comments on variance in chip thickness.

My china mold chips have a chip similar to the T25k. It's fun and a bit silly, but why not.

There is a lot of red in your entire set. Something about the colors makes me keep thinking about BTP.

,25-100 it's 3 groups of spots(kinda 6 on the 100), then 6, then 6, then 8. Maybe consider using the other 3 groups elements for the 1k, 5k, 25k.
I read that thread, it seems that the tri-moon spots seem to be the worst offenders. There is a local set here that had split spot issues with the tri moon on a different mold (FDL I think). I can't help but love the diamond square look though. Circle square saves me a good chunk of change, feels good, and is definitely my second choice overall, the only thing I don't like is that it looks busy to me on the lighter colors.

Red is my favorite color, so maybe subconsciously that affected my choices. The 500 is probably the most influenced by the BTP chips, but overall I drew little inspiration from those sets.

I originally had 3 spot groups all the way through (minus the 25k, which has a spot for each color chip before it and is just for fun), but I ran out of unique 3 spot designs I liked or cared to pay for. So I went to 6 on the 1k and 5k, which is 2 sets of 3, staying partly on theme. "1-2-3" is a common phrase between my loved ones and I wanted to incorporate as much of that as possible in the design.

Missed the start of this but I like where its heading! What colours have been used so far?
Arc Yellow/Bright White
Imperial Blue/Dayglo Green/Dayglo Pink/Arc Yellow
Mandarin Red/Bright White/Peacock/Canary
Green/Dayglo Pink/Dayglo Yellow
Black/Tiger/Peacock
Purple/Dayglo Pink/Dayglo Green/Dayglo Yellow
Tiger/Black/Canary
Dayglo Pink/Peacock/Dayglo Yellow
Bright White and a spot for each base color

The blue spots should help but many people that have ordered a tiger 1k and dg pink 5k end up reordering one or the other because they don’t usually play well together. Love the set overall though. Nice work

The blue spots should help but many people that have ordered a tiger 1k and dg pink 5k end up reordering one or the other because they don’t usually play well together. Love the set overall though. Nice work
This is my one concern. Tiger 1k is set in stone. I've tried yellow, white, and gray on the 5k and just didn't like them very much. I love the pink chip. I may have to change the yellow spot, and then I think there might be enough contrast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom