Racks with lid or not (1 Viewer)

ipZZZ

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello,

What do you think about empty racks without lids ? Is it bad for the chips to be stored like this ?

If you're asking if its okay to store chips in racks, I'd say yes. What is your concern? That the weight would flatten the chips? I haven't seen that yet.

I agree with @WedgeRock
I have been storing some sets of Paulsons and ASMs in racks for like nine years now - no damage. Nothing you have to worry about. Make sure you don't store them in a humid or very warm place and don't expose them to sunlight.

Thanks for your answers @WedgeRock @Changster @w00zie !
I think my question wasn't clear. I was asking if it's ok to store chips in racks not covered for "long term" storage. Because many online shops sells racks with lid and racks without lid like in the two pics. On the second pic, chips don't seem to be covered.

Attachments

• 100-chip-covered-box.jpg
    100-chip-covered-box.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 106
  • RKS-3STD-3.jpg
    RKS-3STD-3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for your answers @WedgeRock @Changster @w00zie !
I think my question wasn't clear. I was asking if it's ok to store chips in racks not covered for "long term" storage. Because many online shops sells racks with lid and racks without lid like in the two pics. On the second pic, chips don't seem to be covered.
I meant the racks on the right pic with no lids. As I said, nothing you have to worry about :)

It really depends on your space requirements. Stacked racks without lids take up less space. Racks with lids take up a little more space but then there's less dust getting onto the chip surfaces, if that's a big deal to you. Most importantly, keep them in even temperature, low humidity, and non-direct sunlight conditions.

@allforcharity @abby99 Thanks !
This was because the shop i was going to to buy one rack didn't have lids on it, so before to buy one, i looked for advice :).

Now, with all your answers, i know it's ok, and @abby99 idea is a good one btw.

My favorite way to store chips in the cabinet is with Matsui racks. Looks great + covered + I know there is zero weight/pressure on the chips.
+1 this ^^^^

I agree with @WedgeRock . I have never seen damage from storing chips in racks without lids. But I use racks with lids for chips I love. For me, it's like buying insurance that I hope I never use. And it gives me piece of mind just in case they happen to be stored for long periods of time. :whistle: :whistling:

20150618_203921.jpg

My favorite way to store chips in the cabinet is with Matsui racks. Looks great + covered + I know there is zero weight/pressure on the chips.
I made some research for these racks. They look awesome, but is there a way to get them in europe / france ? ^^'
I saw the last sale was by Tommy but reship fee from US would be horrible for a small quantity.

I don't use racks with lids for one reason only -- they generally don't fit the chips properly, having too much wiggle room to hold chips securely during transport. Loose moving chips are easily damaged.

Imo, the potential for damage is greater from ill-fitting racks (covered or not) than from properly-fitted open-design racks.

I don't use racks with lids for one reason only -- they generally don't fit the chips properly, having too much wiggle room to hold chips securely during transport. Loose moving chips are easily damaged.

Imo, the potential for damage is greater from ill-fitting racks (covered or not) than from properly-fitted open-design racks.
I totally agree with you. But i'm not looking to transport them in the racks. Just to put them in a cabinet :)

I'd never owned covered racks till recently (unless you count keeping regular racks in a birdcage covered) but so far I'm really liking them. I guess technically I've always kept my chips covered in some form or fashion just to keep dust off them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom