Racks for Royals? (1 Viewer)

JLPicard

High Hand
Reaction score
I'm looking for racks for Apache Royals chips that aren't the apache ones with the lid - I'd prefer an open view of them once they're in their case. Unfortunately, Apache is low on their Bud Jones 43mm racks, and won't be replacing them. Does anyone know if these baccarat ones from Spinetti's would work?

I'm looking for racks for Apache Royals chips that aren't the apache ones with the lid - I'd prefer an open view of them once they're in their case. Unfortunately, Apache is low on their Bud Jones 43mm racks, and won't be replacing them. Does anyone know if these baccarat ones from Spinetti's would work?
Would these racks from BR Poker pro work better or worse? I see a few options out there but it's hard to tell what the Royals would fit best in. Shipping to Canada is rough sadly, so I can't really order a few different ones to try.

Would these racks from BR Poker pro work better or worse? I see a few options out there but it's hard to tell what the Royals would fit best in. Shipping to Canada is rough sadly, so I can't really order a few different ones to try.

Don’t see why these wouldn’t work. Look similar to the Chipco version I posted above.

I bought the 43mm Bud Jones’s and they’re very well made. Does Apache no longer carry those?
Unfortunately, I was told by them that they have just a few 43mm BJ racks left now & will not be carrying them once they go. Would love to find another source for them.

I saw these, but was concerned that the description says they only fit 95 Royals. Seems risky given the occasional variations I've heard of in some of the denom's of the Royals

Oh, interesting. I never noticed that in the description. I currently own 6 of these racks and each of them holds 100 Royals - greens, blurples, and reds. The last rack has a combo of reds, yellows, and blacks. As mentioned, the yellows have the tightest fit, but they do fit.

ECD36947-C139-431B-8726-499A79079B2E.jpeg

Oh, interesting. I never noticed that in the description. I currently own 6 of these racks and each of them holds 100 Royals - greens, blurples, and reds. The last rack has a combo of reds, yellows, and blacks. As mentioned, the yellows have the tightest fit, but they do fit.

View attachment 779340
That's helpful, thanks! Maybe I'll take the chance on them then. The racks look quality, and your custom label Royals look great in them.

I think hearing from others could be helpful, too, as we all have varying degrees of experience.

@Himewad @BearMetal @mummel - any additional insight?
My Apache chips were from the original group buy. I first tried 43 mm chipco racks, But some of the colors could not fit 20. I believe that the worst offender was the red. There was just no way to squeeze that sucker in there, so they only held 19.

I had total success with the BJ racks mentioned above. I never tried the baccarat racks.

I think hearing from others could be helpful, too, as we all have varying degrees of experience.

@Himewad @BearMetal @mummel - any additional insight?
Yellow is my biggest offender. I have the 43mm racks from BR Pro (Chipco, I believe). I can get the 20th chip in there, but it's obnoxiously tight. I only use the Chipco racks when handing out chips for my tournaments, though, and players don't get a barrel of yellows, so it works fine. For storage, I use the Apache racks with lids (Matsui clones).

Yes, I read somewhere else on the forum the $5 chip is what gave some people troubles. Appreciate everyone chiming in, I'll try to source some BJ racks on here or take a peek at the Royals Pron thread and see what others are using.

Update: Thanks to @TheB00T for his great suggestion, I just received 43mm racks from Spinetti's (advertised as 43mm baccarat chips) that fit the royals extremely well. The yellows are a bit snug, but I'm very happy with the fits. Thanks to all in the thread.
Now to find a case that fits 8 racks of Royals!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom