Racks for mixed size chips (1 Viewer)

farflunggrip

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'm getting in on a Cards Mold group buy where I'm buying 575 39mm denominated chips and 25 43m bounty chips. My plan was to buy 6 racks and the Versa Games 600 chip carrier. My question is what should I do about the rack that will have mixed chip sizes. How would you handle this scenario?

Should I buy a single larger rack for the mix and will they still stack ok?
Should I just buy all 39mm racks and keep the mixed rack at the top so it carries no weight?
Should I just get 600 39mm denominated chips and store the bounty chips some other way?

My advice would be to buy an Apache Pelican-style case from Harbor Freight and then Apache Poker Chips Racks (not the same Apache) that fit both 39mm AND 43mm at the same time:

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/apache-poker-chip-rack/
https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-weatherproof-protective-case-large-black-63927.html

Sadly, the covered racks do NOT fit in the Versa-style cases.
Those racks are pricey but they get good reviews on the site.. I got their dimensions and they're 8-7/8" x 2-15/16" x 1-7/8". If I stack them 2 high and 3 across I need 8-7/8" x 8-13/16" x 3-3/4" for interior space.

I think I could get away with the smaller Harbor Freight 2800 with 11-7/8" x 9" x 5-5/16" of interior room and still be able to get some decks and dealer buttons in there. I found another discount brand of hard case sold by Monoprice with 9.5" x 12" x 4.25" dimensions for similar price.

Thanks for the idea..

The 3800 definitely fits 800 chips plus extra space for cards. If you're only looking for storage and transportation for 600 chips, then certainly a smaller case might be better. I'm sure you could search PCF for the Apache 2800 to see what people have done with it and how much can fit in.

$3.50 a rack is not that pricey :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ... Especially when you consider their versatility to store both 39 mm up to 43 mm. The Matsui racks that they were based off of are typically between $5 and $6 / rack, and that can definitely add up if you're buying like 50.

If you decide to go for the 2800 and the covered racks, we'd love to see pictures of the final product. One thing to also consider is to plasti dip spray the foam. It hardens it up a bit it makes it more resilient to wear and tear. Again, plenty of posts on PCF about that.

Edit: The monoprice case doesn't seem to have pluck foam. Maybe I missed it. But that definitely makes it a lot easier to get the exact fit that you're looking for.

Last edited:
$3.50 a rack is not that pricey :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ... Especially when you consider their versatility to store both 39 mm up to 43 mm.

Yeah, you're right. I was comparing them to cheap 39mm cases without lids.

If you decide to go for the 2800 and the covered racks, we'd love to see pictures of the final product. One thing to also consider is to plasti dip spray the foam. It hardens it up a bit it makes it more resilient to wear and tear. Again, plenty of posts on PCF about that.

I will probably go this route and will definitely post some pics of the final result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom