Racks for China Clay Dunes? (1 Viewer)

NotDunric

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey there. I did a little searching but couldn't find what I was looking for, so putting it out here myself in hopes of finding some help: Does anyone have racks that they use/recommend for the Dune replicas from Apache?

I recently purchased a set through the forums here, and was pleased to initially find that chips were snugly fitting into the ChipCo racks I already had on hand, but discovered that the $5 chips are a tiny bit thicker than any of the other denoms I have (like 1/4 chip extra to a barrel), making it a high pressure/force-one-into-the-middle situation with those specific chips.

Halp? And thanks for any input.

The $20s, $5s, and $1s. Can see the ever-so-slight extra height on the $5 barrel.
99755B0E-F9E9-41A4-8057-493139E4B57A.jpeg

The $20s, $5s, and $1s. Can see the ever-so-slight extra height on the $5 barrel.
Mostly likely they are not in the same manufacturing batch, their QC is mostly only limited to the same batch

You will also see differences in colour on the same denomination from different batch too

You can consider getting Apache “Matsui-like Rack” as they can fit up to 43mm chips

Hey there. I did a little searching but couldn't find what I was looking for, so putting it out here myself in hopes of finding some help: Does anyone have racks that they use/recommend for the Dune replicas from Apache?

I recently purchased a set through the forums here, and was pleased to initially find that chips were snugly fitting into the ChipCo racks I already had on hand, but discovered that the $5 chips are a tiny bit thicker than any of the other denoms I have (like 1/4 chip extra to a barrel), making it a high pressure/force-one-into-the-middle situation with those specific chips.

Halp? And thanks for any input.

View attachment 937480
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but my Dunes just came in today and I ran into the same problem. Find any good racks for these?

20s and 100s are fine. A rack of quarters is also fine. One rack of 1s fits 100, another rack of 1s only fits 95. It's definitely the chips also because if I switch racks it won't affect the chip count. 5's are the same, only 95 to a rack. 19 in each slot.

I see there are Apache racks, but was kind of looking for the standard style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom