SOLD Rack of Appleton $1s (likely match for FLV 1K & Horseshoe $10 etc.) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
tempImagewGjCa2.png

For sale: 100 Stolen From Steve Appleton $1 chips. To my knowledge, this is the only rack in existence. This is a dibs sale open to all.

$395 for the rack, U.S. shipping included. I will ship overseas with additional shipping plus insurance costs TBD, due to iffy past experiences with foreign shipments.

Condition is excellent. I would say near mint, but they have had several owners. There are a handful of chips with edge marking (which probably could be removed). One chip has a small fleabite that I’ve noticed. The edges are strong, and these stand quite tall (i.e. little if any evidence of thinning).

tempImagezLXEmY.png

The above were taken in natural light, on an overcast day. If anything they are brighter and cheerier in person.

For those with overlabeling or murder on their minds, these fantasy chips appear to have the same base and spot colors as a number of other high-demand chips. The Appletons appear to be a very close or even perfect match for my samples of Fabulous Las Vegas 1000s and the Horseshoe $10 chips,

They are also a very close match for CDM 5s and CDI $1000s, but to my eye the green spot on the Appletons is slightly lighter/more saturated. This may have to do with differences in batches, age, oiling, etc. I’m selling them because part of my set is slated to be relabeled CDMs, and the tiny difference in the green spots would tilt me (though it would not be noticeable to non-OCD regs in my game).

I’ll post some comparison pics in comments.

Here is an edge photo of the chips above, showing the sligh variation in color. Pardon my farm-wrecked fingers.

The three on the left are the FLV, Horseshoe and Appleton samples. On the right are the CDI and CDM samples. This shows the subtle color difference in the green. I believe they are all Forest Green, but there must have been batch/formula differences over time.

mustardy-edges.jpg

Here’s one more comparison pic, back to the natural overcast light from this morning. I can’t find my CDI sample, so this just shows four of them with Appletons mixed in. In this light the variations in the green spots are less obvious.

tempImageFHL6SY.png

OK, these have been dibsed. Feel free to post backups but I’m sure JMC is good for these. PM headed his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom