R.I.P. Layne Flack (1 Viewer)

"In his early 20s, he managed a small card room in Billings, Montana."

I wonder which one?

Wow, didn't see that one coming.... :(
He always seemed like a decent guy, very sad. RIP
Thanks for sharing

Yeah I was scrolling by poker headlines, realized I’d just seen his name, and backed up, eager to read that he’d won a tournament somewhere. Dead at 52 was the last thing I expected to see.

If I remember right he had a lot of drug issues when he was younger. I think he cleaned up, but could be damage from that.

I just came here to post this. The cardplayer article features a tweet from Eli Elezra where he mentions Huck Seed said something lime "he must have been murdered, no way an OD could kill that guy"

Drugs take their toll on these guys :(

Flack was the man could have been a superstar if it wasnt for the drugs I dont think people know how good this guy truly was I remember back in the day he was Hellmuths Coach so sad gone too soon RIP Back to Back Flack

I think it was cocaine and alcohol back in the day. No idea what -- if any -- played a part in his death.

not to be insensitive because i enjoyed his career from what i've seen, but what drug(s) got him?
I dont think he died from drugs they say he got clean over the past few yrs but like BG said back in the day I think he was heavy into the yayo and alcohol im sayin if he could have stayed clean throughout the years he could have been a superstar in the game in the early 2000s I started playing in 2001-2002 he was peob the best hold em player in the world late 90s early 2000s its sad seemed like a awesome guy too he will be missed another one gone way too soon

I dont think he died from drugs they say he got clean over the past few yrs but like BG said back in the day I think he was heavy into the yayo and alcohol im sayin if he could have stayed clean throughout the years he could have been a superstar in the game in the early 2000s I started playing in 2001-2002 he was peob the best hold em player in the world late 90s early 2000s its sad seemed like a awesome guy too he will be missed another one gone way too soon

The effect on his body from years of drug abuse is probably the most likely culprit even if he had gotten clean. You can only live a hard and fast life for so long, it takes its toll on people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom