Questions about storage and warping/damage (1 Viewer)

tallsbutler

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, maybe a paranoid question, but humor me. I have always stored my chips in standard aluminum cases of varying sizes, styles, brands, etc.

I've recently moved to storing some ASM/CPC chips I picked up from another member in a 1000 count carrier. I like the idea of using the racks and the carrier ultimately fits on my shelf easier and travels better.

BUT, there is a little wiggle room in the racks I am using. So, my question is: Have any of you ever noticed any negative long term effects (warping, etc) on chips that are stacked a few racks on top of each other where there is wiggle room in the racks? If they are stacked 5 racks high in the birdcage, will the bottom chips be affected in any way with the weight of the other chips on top of them if they are not in there tight?

Does this make sense? Am I paranoid?

Final question, are there "perfect fit" racks for CPC chips?

67.7mm racks are your best bet for most (not all) ASM/CPC chips. Some are slightly thicker and require 68mm racks.

Stacking chips in racks with "wiggle room" in them does pose a minor risk -- especially so if in elevated temperatures. But generally speaking, under most moderate conditions, they should be fine and not in danger of warping or other damage. Just unstable, depending upon the actual amount of "wiggle."

Add some adhesive-backed foam strips to the inside walls of your rack barrels to snug them up.

Yup I HIGHLY recommend the racks from Dennis' Key West website for CPC chips. My A-molds fit perfectly in them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom