Questions about Paulson Pharaohs varieties... (1 Viewer)

PhillyG76

Reaction score
Hi all -

I was just wondering what all of the varieties are for the Paulson Pharaohs sets are! And maybe order of estimated rarity?
I have some that are not for sale, but was just trying to learn more about them and this seems to be the place to learn!
Mine say Paulson, and I believe they are 05 not 98 but that is just from skimming around here. Otherwise, I do not know much about them.
Most of the ones I see that are similar have denominations on them but mine have none. Can someone please tell me exactly what I have and what the other varieties are for this set?

Thank You!
- PhillyG76

Some of these pictures were taken a long time ago and have not aged well, sorry. I had built up a fairly large Pharoah set sold to buy an ATV. So I know a bit about them. They are fantastic chips and many players really liked playing with them. People would always ask at any game I'd attend...."did you bring the chips?" and of course I'd run the bank etc... The chips pictured (#1) have a mold which says "Paulson Chips" and 2 top hats and canes btw on either end. There were also two other Paulson versions. (#2) non-denominational version with a scarab etc.. in place of the $ value on the "Paulson Chips" mold, I also believe these are the most "rare" if that is important to anyone. Lastly (#3) was a non denomination with the same label as the "Paulson Chips" mold but instead this mold features "Suits" (heart/diamond/club/spade) mold.
Then many years passed......
Many Years Later

Apache brought a compression molded version that is a more intermediary chip which I have personally not handled that has slightly different but consistent color variances from the Paulson but also introduces new denominations such as a 5c and 5k chip. They look nice though I defer to those that own them for a better review.

(the plaques are from the "Egyptian" set of Chipco chips that featured a different design on the front and back", they were fun to introduce on a multi-table game towards the end)
tmp_20682-20160608_0856502144166894_zpsvi2kanko.jpg
Photo_00008_zps298c38c0.jpg
tmp_20682-20160608_083206288772881_zpsungsegxl.jpg

OIP.-sOsLijr6eM2VvB6okH55QAAAA

Now the #3
R.ffdd95f89efab4abc0d0b7282d10f7b3

Good Luck, I think others could give you better details on numbers/history. Essentially they are Apache chips and some of the last run of commercially available Paulsons to the home market before the gates closed.

Apache brought a compression molded version that is a more intermediary chip which I have personally not handled that has slightly different but consistent color variances from the Paulson but also introduces new denominations such as a 5c and 5k chip. They look nice though I defer to those that own them for a better review.
The Pharaoh's Club chips sold by Apache are injection-molded china clay plastics, which are NOT compression-molded chips.

I was just wondering what all of the varieties are for the Paulson Pharaohs sets are! And maybe order of estimated rarity?
All of the Paulson brand Pharaoh's Club chips were manufactured by GPI from 2005-2010. Three versions were made (listed in order of introduction dates and produced quantities):

-- denominated inlays on the PAULSON CHIPS mold,
-- no-denom inlays on the PAULSON CHIPS mold,
-- no-denom inlays on the Card Pip (suits) mold.

All of the Paulson brand Pharaoh's Club chips were manufactured by GPI from 2005-2010. Three versions were made (listed in order of introduction dates and produced quantities):

-- denominated inlays on the PAULSON CHIPS mold,
-- no-denom inlays on the PAULSON CHIPS mold,
-- no-denom inlays on the Card Pip (suits) mold.

The Pharaoh's were a product of the chip talk/homepokertourney days I believe, though I thought the chips were sold exclusively through Apache initially then resold by other vendors following as was the case with Straitpokersupplies carrying them back in '05ish. Either way they were some nice chips

The Pharaoh's were a product of the chip talk/homepokertourney days I believe, though I thought the chips were sold exclusively through Apache initially then resold by other vendors following as was the case with Straitpokersupplies carrying them back in '05ish. Either way they were some nice chips
The original Paulson brand Pharaoh's Club chips were the reason that chiptalk.net was created in 2005 -- to handle the sale and distribution of the group buy chips that were ordered from GPI by Trademark Poker. Apache was just another reseller who bought Paulson chips from Trademark (who was also the GPI distributor for the Classics, CdIC, NPS, and WTHC chip lines).

The Pharaoh's Club chips that Apache now currently imports and sells are china clays, not compression-molded clays.

I've owned the Apache Poker CC tournament set for about 4 years now. I'd like to pick up some real Paulson Pharaoh's. I'd like to pick up some singles or samples first and get them into my hands. If anyone has any pls let me know. Ultimately my goal is a tourney set and eventually a cash set. Prefer the Paulson mold and open to denoms or no denoms. Please hit me up if you can help in any way connect me with people who have singles initially and/or racks in good condition. Thx.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom