Questions about CPC site (1 Viewer)

mrdeeppockets

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I am looking to make a set from CPC. I have a set of Paulson CDI's and I was wondering do the chips from CPC have the same feel as the Paulsons do? Is it really a year wait for a set to be made? Is there anybody on here that is good with deisgin that can help me with the inlay ( I have the picture i want, just need $ symbol and some curved text)? People who have ordered from CPC are you happy with your set?

The feel is definitely different than Paulsons. Depending on if you have CDI-05’s or CDI-98’s, even your Paulsons will feel different. Paulsons tend to be softer and sound different.

Depending which mold you go with at CPC and where they are in cycle, it could be 4 months to over a year. A-mold is always in and probably about four month average for those.

Plenty of designers on site and someone put together a resource page with their names. Though the waiting time for a designer maybe a month or two also as they are in high demand.

in order:

1. no.
2. yes.
3. generally yes, unless you want the A-mold or catch some other mold right before the order cutoff.
4. yes.

Hello everybody, I am looking to make a set from CPC. I have a set of Paulson CDI's and I was wondering do the chips from CPC have the same feel as the Paulsons do? Is it really a year wait for a set to be made? Is there anybody on here that is good with deisgin that can help me with the inlay ( I have the picture i want, just need $ symbol and some curved text)? People who have ordered from CPC are you happy with your set?
Alright. I'll answer each question down the line.

No. They don't feel the same. They feel different, but both like poker chips. Paulson's are softer and heavier, CPCs come off Denser but lighter imo. It's also dependant on the colors and molds

Yes. It's a wait for a set to be made. They are hand made chip by chip, so yes. It takes a while.

Yes, we have tons of designers. You'll need to find some threads and reach out to them.

I have my third CPC ordered this month. Very happy.
IMG_20210508_134239~2.jpg
IMG_20200424_153126.jpg

I mean.... Them is pretty.

Last edited:
thank you for all you information so far, it has been very helpful...i found this site looking for some extra Paulsons CDI's and been in a poker chip rabbit hole ever since.

Feels different from Paulsons but still very nice (paulsons feel different from other kinds of paulsons as well; leaded vs unleaded, different molds etc)

Waited almost a year for my set but I am very happy with how they turned out. Make sure you get a color sample set and try out the different molds. Colors are different irl vs in the designer tool and the molds all feel and sound different.

E2832F99-9F6D-4828-976A-12500E6901C8.jpeg

My CPC set took 10 months from ordering to receiving. Well worth the wait, but if I didn't have 16 other sets to tide me over, I would have been pacing the whole time. Some molds can ship faster, but don't use that as a criteria, get the one you like.

Is it really a year wait for a set to be made?

Answer: yes/no.

It greatly depends on the mold you choose.

Their "A" mold is always installed so the wait time on this will likely be the shortest. All of my previous orders (I've had several) on this mold have taken 3-4 months.

If I understand correctly, all the other molds take turns on their presses based on order volume.

For instance, I waited about 6 months for my small crown order. Also, in December I made an order on circle square and was initially told by Dave (the main guy at CPC) it might be second half 2022 before I see them.

If you're serious about an order, you can reach out to him and inquire about wait time regarding any given mold.

Alright. I'll answer each question down the line.

No. They don't feel the same. They feel different, but both like poker chips. Paulson's are softer and heavier, CPCs come off Denser but lighter imo. It's also dependant on the colors and molds

Yes. It's a wait for a set to be made. They are hand made chip by chip, so yes. It takes a while.

Yes, we have tons of designers. You'll need to find some threads and reach out to them.

I have my third CPC ordered this month. Very happy.View attachment 839643View attachment 839646

I mean.... Them is pretty.
AF85C281-2C8D-4DD2-BAA8-42D8311ACC2C.jpeg

Is there anybody on here that is good with deisgin that can help me with the inlay ( I have the picture i want, just need $ symbol and some curved text)?

If you have the money + time, I would definitely work with one of the amazing designers around this site. I've seen some really beautiful inlay designs from the pros on here.

If you want to try and put it together yourself, use Gimp or Photoshop. Text along a curved line is actually super easy to do:

Any recommendations for the best mold for CDC?

What is the price range of these chips?
It's completely subjective as to which mold is the best one. Lots of people say that circle square has a superior feel. Other people say they like the look of small crown but dislike the way it feels. And some people swear by a-mold. Honestly, I think it comes down to the theme for your set to help you narrow down the choices of which molds are applicable.

Prices are listed on CPC's website. It really depends on a lot of factors how much a single chip can cost, including mold, edge spot complexity, and inlay shape. You're definitely looking at $3 per chip on average.

Prices are listed on CPC's website. It really depends on a lot of factors how much a single chip can cost, including mold, edge spot complexity, and inlay shape. You're definitely looking at $3 per chip on average.

But not always. It's not impossible to have a very nice set made for less than that. It all has to do with how complicated one chooses to go with spots and the premium pricing for some molds.

My recent small-crown set averaged $2.88 per shipped, with L2 through L4 spots (but nothing more complex than that) is close to your $3 value.

For price range, look at pricing levels based on spot complexity:

http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/edgespots.htm

and the corresponding prices:

http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/pricelist.htm

to get a more accurate price estimate for whatever you might be dreaming up.

Looking to create a set of CPC custom chips. Is there anyone out there that does design work for a fee or is it worth using CPC's design service?

It's completely subjective as to which mold is the best one. Lots of people say that circle square has a superior feel. Other people say they like the look of small crown but dislike the way it feels. And some people swear by a-mold. Honestly, I think it comes down to the theme for your set to help you narrow down the choices of which molds are applicable.

thank you for the response... I am just in the beginning phases of the design which is holding me up from moving forward.

thank you for the response... I am just in the beginning phases of the design which is holding me up from moving forward
Sometimes, if you already know the theme to the set, that will help dictate the mold. For example if you're looking for more vintage styled theme, then the small crown is a great option.

However if you don't know what your actual design or theme will be then it kind of leaves it open to any mold. One thing to consider is the size of your inlay. Some molds allow for a slightly larger inlay and if you plan to have intricate artwork that would lend itself better to those molds.

But barring those two things, if you're really at square one with a blank slate, then I think it needs to come down to what you like to look of and what you like the feel and sound of. And that means getting samples.

Plenty of great designers here to reach out to. They are slammed alot of the time, to expect a longer timetable.

Molds are purely opinion dependant. Alot of people adore A Mold. I hate it. With a passion. I adore H mold. Alot won't touch it. It's totally an opinion, but it makes the sound and feel of the chips. So it's worth getting a mold sample and feel them in your hands.

Don't get obsessed about levels. If you want a cheaper budget, it's totally doable with some beautiful results. Don't think Level 7+ is needed to make a legendary set. Time and review is primary for a legendary set. You can make the rest happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom