Question for the wild game hunters (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My neighbor brought over a pack of Venison back strap steaks that were frozen three years ago. Safe to eat? Normally I cook my back straps in a little butter, medium rare. Not sure if I should do the same with these.

They were double wrapped. There was some ice frozen to them, but they don't look like they have a freezer burn?

Maybe a marinade? Slow cooker?

I did google it. It seems like they should be fine. I thought I would ask anyways to see if anyone has encountered this.

Thanks,

B

This. Meat can keep for years. As long as it didn’t defrost and refreeze again. Can you be sure this is the case?

It wasn't my venison, so I can't be positive. Im pretty sure he wouldn't do that

Backstraps are great for steaks by the way. But they are extremely lean so easy to overcook and dry out. Proceed carefully.

https://community.legendarywhitetails.com/recipes/best-damn-grilled-venison-backstrap/

I've been cooking Venison backstraps for about 20 years. So I am well versed in their preparation. But thanks anyways I do appreciate any tips and suggestions that I can get.

I usually lightly salt and pepper the steaks, then cook on a cast iron skillet on high heat for about 1 minute on each side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom