Question about suede cloths and it's popularity ? (1 Viewer)

jkkl94

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've seen my friend's table ordered from china that was using suede cloth (or maybe it isnt but extremely similar?) and it just starts to gather these nasty fuzzies after awhile and irks the hell out of me. Why is suede cloth preferred over speedfelt by the community? am i missing something i shouldnt be?!

There are many different types of suedes and can vary a lot. It's like vinyl, there's hundreds, if not thousands of variations.

Seude sucks. I put it on one of my tables and cards did not slide well. The seude I had from Joanne's Fabrics would never pill though.

I replaced the seude with ultrasoft velveteen and haven't looked back. This may be more like what your buddy has. My USV doesn't pill, but I could see a cheaper version of it pilling.

I went with USV over SSC for one reason: I think SSC looks like cheap, mass-produced garbage (like those battery operated shuffle machines). That's just my opinion. I play on it all the time and it's fine, but I wanted to avoid the perception and I wanted a solid color. USV slides well and (IMO) looks better.

As to why your buddy got seude, you said it was from China. I'm sure it was cheaper to use that fabric that SSC.

I went with USV over SSC for one reason: I think SSC looks like cheap, mass-produced garbage (like those battery operated shuffle machines). That's just my opinion. I play on it all the time and it's fine, but I wanted to avoid the perception and I wanted a solid color. USV slides well and (IMO) looks better.
I was wondering the same thing. thanks for the info on the USV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom