Question about plastic trays / racks (1 Viewer)

MattyA

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have one of those large square acrylic chip carriers that contains 10 racks. It has worked perfectly for 10+ years so I decided a week ago to buy another one for another set of chips. So I went onto Amazon and bought one from a no-name supplier. When it arrived, the 10 empty trays were ever so slightly tinted, and when I filled the rack there was so much extra room that each barrel could literally fit a 21st chip. See pics...the middle "barrel" is 21 chips!! Is this common? Are there trays that are branded and recommended to tightly fit each barrel? Many thanks, Matt.
IMG_2592.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG

Cheapo rando chinese racks will normally be too big. My recommendation is Chipco racks; they fit mint Paulsons VERY snugly. There's no movement at all. For used Paulsons, you can buy spacers from 3d3p: @One Eyed Dollar can help with thickness of the spacers.

As for buying carriers, my advice is to buy from @BR Pro Poker - their carriers COME WITH the Chipco racks and are a very nice carrier.

I too went with the cheap racks early on for my Pausons and for my Majestics and after it was all said and done I ponied up for all Chipco/Paulson racks. No more 21 per barrel racks to deal with...I should have done it much earlier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom