PXG Drivers (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Anyone playing a PXG driver? Their sale ends today. Trying to decided between the 0211 and the Gen4 0811.

Currently playing a TM SLDR S that is about 6 years old so it’s time to upgrade.

I bought an 0811X sight unseen last week just because of the sale price and the fact that my driver was pushing 5 years old.

Just got it yesterday - haven’t hit it yet. I did a fair amount of research, review reading, etc., and the numbers it pumped out seemed impressive enough for me. Probably not the most rational decision, but who cares? New toys are the best.

I bought an 0811X sight unseen last week just because of the sale price and the fact that my driver was pushing 5 years old.

Just got it yesterday - haven’t hit it yet. I did a fair amount of research, review reading, etc., and the numbers it pumped out seemed impressive enough for me. Probably not the most rational decision, but who cares? New toys are the best.
Kind of what I was thinking too. The reviews look good.

Looks like they're still on sale, but at a higher price than yesterday. Did you make a hasty and rash decision last night? :p
Nope. I actually ran into one of our local club pros last. I was asking him about it. Well he’s now a PXG rep too. So he told me to come out today and let him fit me with the 0811 that’s best for me. Told me not to worry about the sale since he could override the price since we scheduled the fitting before the sale went off.

I did check the website this morning to see what the new price was and had to laugh at the ad saying what a big sale it was starting today.

Nope. I actually ran into one of our local club pros last. I was asking him about it. Well he’s now a PXG rep too. So he told me to come out today and let him fit me with the 0811 that’s best for me. Told me not to worry about the sale since he could override the price since we scheduled the fitting before the sale went off.

I did check the website this morning to see what the new price was and had to laugh at the ad saying what a big sale it was starting today.

Would be interested to hear your results, keep me posted.

PXG adjusts their prices almost weekly at times. I was told by an employee that the owner has the access to change prices at anytime - and it seems he does!!

I own the original 0211 irons (2019 model) and an 0811XF driver because of the military discount they offered when first released. Figured why not since they were an easy flip if I didn’t like them. Ended up loving both.

Full disclosure, I am a golf hoe and love trying out new things. Used to go thru a couple iron sets a year. Have had these in the bag for two years now. Mizuno irons are still tops in my book in terms of feel, but the forgiveness with the 0211 irons won me over.

In terms of the driver, it performs as well as any other out there. The sound is off putting to some people, but doesn’t bother me.

Word of caution, they absolutely destroy you in shipping cost. It’ll help you flip as others don’t want to pay/wait, but it’s a shocker up front. Think I paid $60 each order (have done 4 now).

Word of caution, they absolutely destroy you in shipping cost. It’ll help you flip as others don’t want to pay/wait, but it’s a shocker up front. Think I paid $60 each order (have done 4 now).

I believe I paid $30 for my driver a couple weeks ago. Wasn't a huge deal, since the club itself was already approx. 60% off MSRP, but it still took me by surprise when I saw it.

I believe I paid $30 for my driver a couple weeks ago. Wasn't a huge deal, since the club itself was already approx. 60% off MSRP, but it still took me by surprise when I saw it.
$30 is much better than $60. I’ve ordered iron sets and multiple clubs each time, glad to know it isn’t always that high!

Also another thing worth mentioning, their packaging is top notch and will help with resale value if you save it.

(GolfWRX is a great golf resource and forum)

$30 is much better than $60. I’ve ordered iron sets and multiple clubs each time, glad to know it isn’t always that high!

Also another thing worth mentioning, their packaging is top notch and will help with resale value if you save it.

(GolfWRX is a great golf resource and forum)

Will agree with that. They had the driver inside a slick looking PXG box, and the club was secured in a foam slot. And that PXG box was inside another larger box.

Just got back from my fitting. Loved the driver. Ended up work the Gen 4 0811XF 10.5 degree with an aldila 60g stiff shaft. Tried several shafts and heads and lofts.

I’ve been playing the wrong shaft for years. My swing speed was measuring 105-106. I was surprised at that number.

Once we switched to the stiff shafts my dispersement tightened up and I gained over 10 yards carry and about 15 total.

Spin rate with my driver was 3500-3600. Got it down to about 2700 with the new set up.
Can’t wait to get it in next week and put it in play.

(And yes I know some of this will end up in the out of context thread. LOL)

Last edited:
I'm trying to up my clubhead speed. Wish I could consistently get 105 ;)

Just got back from my fitting. Loved the driver. Ended up work the Gen 4 0811XF 10.5 degree with an aldila 60g stiff shaft. Tried several shafts and heads and lofts.

I’ve been playing the wrong shaft for years. My swing speed was measuring 105-106. I was surprised at that number.

Once we switched to the stiff shafts my dispersement tightened up and I gained over 10 yards carry and about 15 total.

Spin rate with my driver was 3500-3600. Got it down to about 2700 with the new set up.
Can’t wait to get it in next week and put it in play.

(And yes I know some of this will end up in the out of context thread. LOL)
The right shaft matters way more than the driver head in my experience. Heads are often a matter of sound/feel/look for confidence with slight performance differences per mfg IMO.

I’ve got a chance to get a set of 0311p 3rd gen irons for a reduced price.

Anyone got these in their bag? I would need to buy them without trying them (due to where they are and where I am).

Last edited:
Without hitting them, I’d think you’d want to make sure it’s a real good deal and look up the shaft characteristics to try and self fit to see if it’s a match. For reference and to give you a baseline, the PXG for Heroes pricing is $129/club for the Gen3 0311 P & T.

I have not personally hit them, but it seems like a lot of people do a blended set with the 0311 T short irons, with the P serving as the long iron.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom