Putting Out Feelers for a Horse Head Mold Lot (1 Viewer)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
Looking to see what’s out there for Horse Head Molds for a Godfather themed custom cash set.

Now, not sure about the HH right v. left deal so feel free to enlighten me.

It’ll be a cash set requiring 6 colors for

20.00 or 25.00

The dimes are for blinds if we’re playing .10/.20 and the quarters if we’re playing .25/.25 or .25/50. The quarters wouldn’t be in play if the .50’s were (for the put one in each hand and drop one crowd lol)

Probably between 800 and 1000 chips across the 6 colors. 5’s and 20’s (or 25’s) maybe a rack combined. The obvious workhorses (no pun) being the .25’s and .50’s (depending on the stakes and the 1’s.

Just seeing who’s got some. I’ll be hoping to make a purchase early in the new year.

I hope this is enough and clear enough info to flush out someone who has some. Feel free to ask if anyone has any questions.

Thanks

Ken in Minneapolis

I understand the .10 and I understand the .25, but no matter which one of those I’m using I’m probably skipping the .50 chip if I’m paying for CPC customs. I like having chips in play and enjoy having the options but that’s making an expensive elective chip when you are making a custom order IMO.

I saw your initial post about wanting to create your own set and I must say I love your Godfather/Horse head plan. Should be great.

That will be a great theme for a chipset…. Combining Godfather with HHR is a stunning and amazing idea… that fits the theme prefectly!

I have been thinking out a themed Godfather set since receiving my Sloth Club horse head set...
I'm thinking of trying to preserve a quote along with a dual aspect of the story for a character or theme (each chip having an different but related image on each side.) This is what I have come up with so far. As for base colours I am thinking traditional with the quarter some type of blue

(Blue)0.25 - "Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes!"/Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. And may their first child be a masculine child.
(White)$1 - The horse head scene with the blood on the bed somehow incorporated into the edgespots....White with red edge spots.
(Red)$5 - "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"/My offer is this, Nothing!
(Green)$25 - "Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me" /
(Black)$100 - Take the Canoli / "Paulie, won't be seeing him no more
(Purple)$500 - Freedo on the Lake (silhouette), Quote "I don't want anything to happen to him while my mother's alive." /(reverse side) "You broke my heart, Fredo"
(Yellow)$1000 - "It doesn't make any difference to me what a man does for a living. But your business is...A little dangerous./ Don Corleone shot down in the market
(Pink)$5000 - Apollonia Corleone Blown up in the car in Italy...One side the car/other exploding car

Rebuy chip- “Just when I thought I was out…they pull me back in.”
All-In Chip- “It’s not personal, Sonny. It’s strictly business.”/“I’m here, Pop. I’ll take care of you now. I’m with you now. I’m with you.”
Show'em Chip-“Only don’t tell me that you’re innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.”
Bounty - “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.” / “There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
Reserved Seat- "You'll have to excuse me, I'm tired and a little drunk" / Barber Chair for a shave
Big Blind - God Father Part 1 (Motif) / Big Blind on reverse (Empty Toll Booth art)
Small Blind- God Father Part 2 (Motif) / Small Blind on reverse
Missed Blind- God Father Part 3/“I swear, on the lives of my children: Give me a chance to redeem myself, and I will sin, no more.”

I am saving this list for me if you don't use it, I sink a bit of time into these idea's.....maybe ceramics would be more affordable, though really the horse head mold would be where its at.

If u are looking for horse heads, @alpine0000 may have some to sell you. His set is over 9000 strong I believe.
AF174ED2-5F69-4662-B6F1-9AD1C87E9A5E.jpeg

Yep, this is the sickest amount of chips within one set that I ever saw…. 9.000 :eek:

If u are looking for horse heads, @alpine0000 may have some to sell you. His set is over 9000 strong I believe.
View attachment 1046206

I’ve been trying to get him to sell me some $1’s and $5’s for a couple years now. He’s not budging. I have the $25’s and $100’s and have been reluctant to murder them in hopes to complete a Bee set. They are iconic

There are 7 pages of HHR in the Poker Chip Database. You can combine filters to find exactly what you are looking. For example Red $5s on HHR.

2022-12-23_17-32-24.jpg

My first set of custom chips was on the Horsehead mold and the inlay said "Steve's Card Club." People would ask me if I was a fan of the Godfather movie. Great movie, but not one of my top 5 (for a gangster movie, Goodfellas holds this spot).

If I was the Godfather of poker and wanted to go with a movie them, I'd probably go with something along the lines of:

Screenshot_20221224-053839.png

Playing Devil's advocate, I think this set would be more about the movie than "The Godfather's Game."

These have been listed for over a year I believe. I tried to strike a deal for em but he wouldn’t move off the price. Great looking chips.
Yeah, but where are these 13 DG Tiger chips this seller mentioned? :cool it has to be dg arc yellow in my eyes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom