Putting a Missing Inlay Back Onto a Chip (1 Viewer)

Okku

Full House
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Have a question about putting inlays back onto chips. I got this Stardust $20 a while back with both of the inlays missing but have them. I'd like to put them back onto the chip that way it is the complete thing but am wondering about how I should do it and if there is a "correct" way to do it. I understand putting super glue in the middle of it will get the center of the inlay to stick, but what about the edges? Do I need to do anything for them so they stay in place as well?

Any tips or experience that you guys have will be great information.

Thanks,
Oscar

IMG_1381.jpgIMG_1380.jpg

I have a feeling they just popped off before, but also they’re Burt made, so they don’t have the adhesive on the back like Paulsons do.
@RudysNYC haha like I said I got the chip that way and I can agree with @GianThaMan that they probably just popped off by themselves. No force needed to get them off and that's why it's so clean

And my recommendation would be a tiny dab of super glue, spread out as thin as possible over the area missing the inlay, and then put back on. Shouldn’t be too tough, but you just want to make sure no extra glue comes out of the edges of the inlay area or penetrates the label.

And my recommendation would be a tiny dab of super glue, spread out as thin as possible over the area missing the inlay, and then put back on. Shouldn’t be too tough, but you just want to make sure no extra glue comes out of the edges of the inlay area or penetrates the label.
Sounds good, I'll see if anyone else has any other recommendations as well and give it a try!

If you never plan on getting this chip wet, I'd recommend something water soluble (before curing), and easily removable. Super glue will work, but it's hard to work with when wet, and probably the definition of permanent (at least in terms of the "clay") after curing.

Rubber cement, Elmer's or even two sided tape would be my choices.

Alrighty, so mission accomplished. Just some super glue and some pressure and was able to get it on. Surprisingly the inlay almost "snapped" into place. The tips of the inlay did that and looks great. Flat and doesn't really look like it got re-glued or ever gotten taken off.

IMG_1438.jpgIMG_1439.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom