PStars Club Tournament Options?

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
Do earlier versions of the software allow for more options for the tournaments as the club manager? I've seen some of the offerings that the PCF club has that don't line up with what I'm able to do. Or I am just missing something?

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure since I rarely play on PS anymore but I believe the options/features offered have changed over time so earlier version had different options/features available. Any tournaments that were setup and running from previous allowed options/features (ie: PCF club home games) are grandfathered in as long as they continue to run with enough players.

@BGinGA can verify

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do earlier versions of the software allow for more options for the tournaments as the club manager? I've seen some of the offerings that the PCF club has that don't line up with what I'm able to do. Or I am just missing something?

Yes, they did. Some of those options are gonna now. Not sure one can actually run an older software though as it automatically prompts for an update.

Any tournaments that were setup and running from previous allowed options/features (ie: PCF club home games) are grandfathered in as long as they continue to run with enough players.

@BGinGA can verify

That hasn't been the case for my tourneys, unfortunately. I had a weekly tourney set up with options that are no longer available and once the software was updated, the structure reverted back to what P* makes available nowadays. Bummer. Curious to know if that was only for my games.

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going by this posted in another PCF home game thread. I could very well be interpreting it wrong.

Recent changes to the Pokerstars software for Home Games, affecting all NEWLY CREATED tournaments:
  • 15/30 starting blinds (also applied to all existing tournaments)
  • all starting stacks fixed at 3,000 chips (no other option)
  • all new events have 1 hour late registration
  • four game options eliminated: PLHE/PLO, Mixed Hold'em, Mixed Omaha Hi/Lo, HOSE.
  • one game option added: 5-Card Omaha (6- or 8-handed, No-Limit or Pot-Limit)
  • 15-minute blind level option added (current options are 3, 5, 10, 15)
Any recurring tournament that gets auto-canceled due to attendance will NOT be able to be created as it was, due to these new changes. As a result, the newest versions of the PCF Tuesday PLO8 tournament and Saturday NLHE tournament both use 3,000 chips/10-minute blind format.

A new 5-Card Omaha event has been added on Thursday to replace the previous PLHE/PLO event.

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
I was going by this posted in another PCF home game thread. I could very well be interpreting it wrong.
Got it. The current options are mostly fine for what I'm going to be doing with my local friends. But I just wanted to know if I had other options.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are no 'new' event options beyond what is currently displayed by the software, which has been updated and expanded since my post quoted above by @TheBigTater:
  • Stack sizes up to 10k are now allowed,
  • two or three more games were added,
  • a couple of new bounty options added,
  • late registration is always 6 levels long (regardless of time),
  • mobile app now supported, and
  • all blind structures now include antes starting with R1 (as far as I've observed).
Any older games, blind formats, stack sizes, etc. that were already created prior to the recent software changes still exist, but those options cannot be selected for new events. If recurring events, the old games/etc. are still being supported (for now) but cannot be recreated if they autocancel due to lack of attendance.

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
There are no 'new' event options beyond what is currently displayed by the software, which has been updated and expanded since my post quoted above by @TheBigTater:
  • Stack sizes up to 10k are now allowed,
  • two or three more games were added,
  • a couple of new bounty options added,
  • late registration is always 6 levels long (regardless of time),
  • mobile app now supported, and
  • all blind structures now include antes starting with R1 (as far as I've observed).
Any older games, blind formats, stack sizes, etc. that were already created prior to the recent software changes still exist, but those options cannot be selected for new events. If recurring events, the old games/etc. are still being supported (for now) but cannot be recreated if they autocancel due to lack of attendance.
Thanks Dave.

Top Bottom