Protégé Variant Gallery

Resource Protégé Variant Gallery (1 Viewer)

Joe Harris

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent work Joe, Proteges are AWSOME

I still have to check all my chips for versions but al least I know what to look for now :)

I have 11 $2 chips (for bounties relabel)...not sure now since there are not many out there.
Also found 1 orange ND chip with orange inlay (rest is with black inlay).
Did not know the 1K and up are that rare...have 2 racks of 1K, 1 rack of 5K, 31 25K and 39 100K

Still looking for more 25K & 100K chips, 2 racks if $1 and rack(s) of snappers....

Did not know the 1K and up are that rare...have 2 racks of 1K, 1 rack of 5K, 31 25K and 39 100K
It's a difficult thing to measure how rare they are. I can only go by what I've seen in the years I've bought and sold Protege. Racks of 1k are hard to come by..racks of 5k are almost unheard of.

I contacted the founder of Sidepot and requested (begged) for details on how many of each quantity were produced. He was nice enough to respond and basically said that he doesn't possess that information anymore. I still find that a bit hard to believe, but I suppose such things can be lost over time.

Still looking for more 25K & 100K chips, 2 racks if $1 and rack(s) of snappers.
$1s is easy. 25 and 100k are difficult because everybody wants them. I was very lucky to fill a rack of 25k and almost one of 100k. They are out there, it's definitely possible..but will probably not be for a discount. Snappers, forget about it. ;)

Thanks again for all the leg work (and @Irish & @grantc54 too)

I was already a big BCC fan but never considered the Proteges in my early days (because I knew of the ghost molding issues with the C&S mold back in the day).
Love my other two sets (MGK custom & MGK GC) and when recently a huge set came available....I needed to get some :)

I opted for tourney chips since my other BCC sets were cash.
But once I got them...I loved them and want to add cash chips too.
Was able to score a rack of fivers and only need $1 chips since I will use my ND chips as quarters.

I know were to find the 25K & 100K chips I need...just needs time (and money ;) )
Snappers are out....because ? (I still pray every week that @Split comes out hibernation and sells me his snappers :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :D)

Snappers are out....because ?
Snappers were part of the supplemental offering. That group of chips was produced a single time and not available for long. In a home game, the snapper is a relatively useless denomination, so it's reasonable to assume that there are few of them out there. I have only seen them for sale in quantity a single time.

I still pray every week that @Split comes out hibernation and sells me his snappers :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :D
Yeah..I think a lot of us have that idea. Tell you what, we'll wrastle for 'em :p

Get in line, sir! :D

Joe, you already hit the max allowed cash chips quota for a whole state.... ;)
You will have to lose some chips (let's say 2 racks of $1) before you are allowed to buy more.

At least Mike & I brought International spread to the table ? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Who has racks of nickels? Were they even made in quantity? I'd pay a pretty penny or two for a couple of racks...

I know there is one French member with a rack...can't recall his name...

Who has racks of nickels? Were they even made in quantity? I'd pay a pretty penny or two for a couple of racks...
Oh, you mean these nickels? :cool
There are not tons of them, but they are more available than most other supplemental denominations.
nickel.jpg

Thanks again for all the leg work (and @Irish & @grantc54 too)

I was already a big BCC fan but never considered the Proteges in my early days (because I knew of the ghost molding issues with the C&S mold back in the day).
Love my other two sets (MGK custom & MGK GC) and when recently a huge set came available....I needed to get some :)

I opted for tourney chips since my other BCC sets were cash.
But once I got them...I loved them and want to add cash chips too.
Was able to score a rack of fivers and only need $1 chips since I will use my ND chips as quarters.

I know were to find the 25K & 100K chips I need...just needs time (and money ;) )
Snappers are out....because ? (I still pray every week that @Split comes out hibernation and sells me his snappers :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :D)
Great work! Thanks for sharing in the community.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom