Cash Game Prop Bets @ Home Games? (1 Viewer)

Italianjoe157

Two Pair
Reaction score
Interested to hear some fun props you guys play at your micro stakes home games. I’ve been thinking of including some to make the game more interesting and fun.

i.e.
Red/black flop

Pick a card and get paid when it comes out on the flop

Add a BB to the button - if you win on the button you win the button money

Win with 72o

Let’s hear those degen props!

Button Bonus - whoever is dealer adds $2 to the button and if you win the hand as the dealer you win the button bonus, if you don’t win then the money stays on the button and rotates to the next dealer.

House Hand - you pick a hand at the beginning of the session exampe:6d::7c: was the house hand. Then if anyone wins a hand with:6d::7c: everyone at the table pays $1 and if its suited they pay $2 each.

Button Bonus - whoever is dealer adds $2 to the button and if you win the hand as the dealer you win the button bonus, if you don’t win then the money stays on the button and rotates to the next dealer.

House Hand - you pick a hand at the beginning of the session exampe:6d::7c: was the house hand. Then if anyone wins a hand with:6d::7c: everyone at the table pays $1 and if its suited they pay $2 each.

Like the house hand idea....any restrictions? Can you really choose red AA/KK?

2-7 game, anyway you win with it, wether you bluff it out or just straight up win. The whole table gives you an extra $2.

Really induces people to be attached to 2-7.
Nothing better than the seven deuce game... although IMO you need a lot more than $2 to make it worthwhile.... maybe $10 for a $1/$2 game or $20 for a 2/5... It's kinda funny to see how much people will throw away in bluffs to try to take down the bounty... and how weak a hand you can get paid off by when you value bet a made hand with the 72 game going...

Some players will play "suits.". Groups of four each claim a suit and if a flop comes out all that suit each person in the group with a different suit pays the player with that suit.

The problem with prop bets is that it many times they start to consume the game for those playing the props. Also, as the props start to get out of hand those losing a props can move thru all their cash/credit and have nothing left to play poker with. You r probably better off doing bomb pots or bangers every round or so where everyone can participate.

With that said - red/black baccarat (Just on the flop) is popular with my folks. If u hit natural 9 Or u hit all 3 cards same suit u will win double the bet. We also have dice in case u want to add a kicker (roll the dice for a multiplier). When feeling frisky we break out the 20 sided monster. U can see how this gets out of hand quickly. I don’t like it because it becomes a huge distraction. But I LOVE bangers and bomb pots, especially my absolute favorite - midnight baseball bangers.

Standard button game.

2/7 game but the bounty is directly tied to the amount of money on the button. Highest amount is $18 per player so far

Red/black flop game for X amount, if the entire board is your color then it's 5x for the agreed amount. If I use my 4 color deck then it starts out as 5x the amount and 20x for the entire board.

Seat game for X amount, if it is your card on the river as well it's 5x the amount.

Double board bomb pots every hour.

At the end of the night, the biggest loser gets to dictate how much the want to do an Omaha flip for and it's generally accepted the big winners will partake. Capped at $100

Play mixed games and you won't be looking for ways to make your game more interesting and fun. Scarney 8, for example, doesn't need any help in that department.
Totally. I cringe every time somebody posts this, looking to "make things more interesting" or "spice things up."
It reminds me of the time a few years ago when I noticed that half my friends were pouring flavored vodka into their beers. I don't know why you feel like you need to do that! Beer is great. Poker is great.

Totally. I cringe every time somebody posts this, looking to "make things more interesting" or "spice things up."
It reminds me of the time a few years ago when I noticed that half my friends were pouring flavored vodka into their beers. I don't know why you feel like you need to do that! Beer is great. Poker is great.
I want to add some fun props to help get new players hooked on the game. I don't need to convince the PCF crowd, we already love the game, but it is important to keep things interesting for the casual player when things get stale. Watching paint dry can be more exciting than live poker at times...We've all been there. At no point do I want props to overrun the game and distract folks. It's more of a way to liven up the crowd when we've been dealt K2o the entire night.

As a host it is my duty to keep the games alive and to hopefully attract new blood.

$.05 from every pot goes to high hand jackpot (amount depending on the night). Any full house gets the jackpot. It carries over into the next session

I always add 3 "bonus hands" to my tournaments (different each tournament). Maybe it's something you would hate and maybe others would to, but along with promoting a little more action during certain hands it gives players a chance to win part of their buy in back. Similar to bounties I think it's good for a small casual group (like mine) to have more opportunities to win some of the money - when 6 guys turn up and one walks away with all the money that just isn't as much fun for some people.

Not quite a prop bet but most everyone in my game finds this rule fun: however many aces are on the board, that’s how many straddles will go into effect on the next hand. One ace, one straddle. 4 aces, 4 straddles. Except the one nit who hates it, more fun when he’s forced to put the straddle on.

My brother and I always play "Chesafreake!"....it's based on the area code for Cheasapeake, VA where he was stationed, 757. Win with 75, the other guy owes you an extra $5. Also, you have to yell CHESAFREAKE when you slap your cards in the middle. We have fun.

for a ridiculous and cringe worthy version of the big blind game to play, but great for your viewing pleasure, enjoy my favorite poker vlogger in a ridiculously huge home game that I would never play in. It is appropriately named, "The Dumbest Game Ever" :

My brother and I always play "Chesafreake!"....it's based on the area code for Cheasapeake, VA where he was stationed, 757. Win with 75, the other guy owes you an extra $5. Also, you have to yell CHESAFREAKE when you slap your cards in the middle. We have fun.

for a ridiculous and cringe worthy version of the big blind game to play, but great for your viewing pleasure, enjoy my favorite poker vlogger in a ridiculously huge home game that I would never play in. It is appropriately named, "The Dumbest Game Ever" :
That hand ~17:00–OMG!!! :eek:

Thought I'd put together a gallery of my bonuses as I always put A3 posters up for my tournaments. I tend to have themes like Christmas, Summer, Halloween etc. Some have been used, some have yet to be used. I will no doubt add the gallery as my tournaments progress. As you can probably see one or two are very easy to claim and are more intended to give people a chance at winning some money rather than promoting action, but for the most part they aren't that easy.

So far we have:

Movies
Back to the Future - win with 88
Wax On, Wax Off - win with KK
Reservoir Dogs - win with K9
Kill Bill - win with QT
Judgment Day - win with T2
Harry's Pot - win with JK
Groundhog Day - win with 22
Convoy - win with Ten-4
Apollo 13 - win with A3
Brokeback Mountain - Pair a Cowboy

Western
Whipcracker - win with 72o, aka the Worst Hand In Poker
Straight Shooter - win with A2345
Maverick - win with JQ
Red River - complete a red flush with the river card
Peacemaker - win with 45
Magnificent Seven - win with 777
Bandit - Steal the blinds
Smoking Guns - eliminate/bust two or more players at the same time

Halloween
The Shining - win with a pair
Redrum - win with a lone Jack
Hocus Pokers - win with a full house or better
Head Shot - win with one bullet
Grave Digger - win with Spades
Dead Set - turn a pocket pair into a set
Witches of Eastwick - win with 3 ladies
Texas Holdem Massacre - most kills (eliminations/bounties/busts)
Number of the Beast - win with 666
I am Negan - beat someone with a club
Dead Man's Hand - win with A8
Grim Reaper - win with a 7 aka a scythe
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - win with quad kings

Easter
Stigmata - win with red hole cards
Crucifixion - eliminate (or bust in a cash game) 3 players
Blind Faith - win a hand without looking
Jesus - win with A9

Christmas
Twelve Days of Christmas - win with 10-2
Three Wise Men - win with KKK
Stocking Filler - win with 77 aka Candy Canes
Jingle Jingle - win with JJ
Santa Clause is Coming to Town - win with Jack & 5
Frosty Feat - win with 88 aka Snowmen

A rule I've found drives a lot of action is "Winner takes Button." Simple... whoever wins the previous hand get the BTN. Might recommend doing it every 20 mins or something like that. Also winner straddle is a good one.

The problem with prop bets is that it many times they start to consume the game for those playing the props.
I work at a place where props consume the game. I get more tips from high hand winners than I do regular hands! :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom