Project BG Supafish ><(((((*> (1 Viewer)

mipevi

Full House
Reaction score
For my latest, greatest, relabel project I will be creating a BG cash set that uses a similar koi design as on a BG promo chip. I’ve actually had the same koi artwork on my felt way before that promo chip existed, so it’s kind of a no-brainer really.

0A9A31D9-534B-46D8-B333-7D49C3CDC535.jpeg

496CF348-8E68-4976-B467-CE6FDC90CF73.jpeg

AE711EDF-E179-431C-B81B-A2FF3CA92B19.jpeg

653B650F-D2E5-4F19-BED3-60DF526433BA.gif

The left side of the original BG decal has complex holographic patterns that I won’t be able to duplicate as such, but I will try to achieve a similar though more toned-down look using some more simplistic holographic elements. For the high denoms I plan to use prismatic foil with an opaque fish scale pattern on top.

The promo chip has HKD on its insert, so keeping with the Asian theme I’m thinking of doing SGD values from a quarter to 500. The yellow quarter and orange 1 will be BG’s budget line solids, the others JAV chips: blue 5, green 25, with black 100 / white 500 being oversized. I’ll update as this project lumbers on, meanwhile let me know what you think! :)

67B211C1-5B97-41D7-B8CA-E4150F454C82.jpeg

Last edited:
To be honest I just really want to get a set with a three letter stack in front of the denoms… :LOL: :laugh:

92E8C705-8BD7-4A4E-9BB7-750246AAD5E7.jpeg

This project moves so fast that it leaves my head spinning... :LOL: :laugh:

I did start working on the chips, a little bit. Thinking I should do a small batch of 2024 year of the dragon $5 and $25 chips, since I'd really like to use the below dragon artwork in some capacity. :unsure:

full

The actual dragon graphic extends much further down below. If fit into the decal, the scales would be miniscule when printed to size, I think too small to appreciate the shiny/glittery effect they should have. The dragon, just like the koi, is inspired by a BG advertisement sample chip.

B8423AF4-4E08-4CE5-941F-1D40BF938A6B.jpeg

Yellow was actually the $1 and orange the frac at first, but I ended up switching them because (1) if playing without the frac, yellow would have been very dominant with the first three chip values and (2) being complementary colors orange and blue should help each other pop more, so I like having them in close proximity.

Yellow was actually the $1 and orange the frac at first, but I ended up switching them because (1) if playing without the frac, yellow would have been very dominant with the first three chip values and (2) being complementary colors orange and blue should help each other pop more, so I like having them in close proximity.

I get it, really. My thought were with the exchange you'd get alternating brighter vs. darker base chips to enhance contrast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom