Product Launch: Solid Maple Poker Chip Cases!

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hello again everyone!

Thanks to all of you for your patience as we've worked to standardize our latest offering.

We are offering solid wood poker chip cases in two standard sizes: 17" x 14.5" and 21" x 14.5".

Here are the details and options:

Liner Options:

There are 2 options for liners: Custom designed and machined polyethylene foam and a suited speed cloth lined panel.

The foam comes if 4 different colors. I will work with you to help you design your configuration. If you order more than one tray, it is possible to have two different foam configurations.

The SSC option will come in 4 different colors: Blue, Black, Green & Red.

It is possible to mix and match.

Stain Options:

There are 6 total options: Light stain, medium stain, dark stain, clear (no stain), and unfinished ($4 savings).

The sixth option is a custom stained product, where after a consultation we will create 3 samples and mail them to you to review and choose from. There is a $50 upcharge for this and turnaround time can be affected.

Handle Options:

The two options we are offering are rope handles, and 4" wood handles. We can also offer the trays with no handles at all.

Other Options:

LED Lighting ($55)

PRICING INFORMATION
17" Case21" Case
Price of tray with tempered glass lid: $194Price of tray with tempered glass lid: $210
Price of tray with solid wood lid: $150Price of tray with solid wood lid: $166
Price of bare tray: $103Price of bare tray: $119
***price includes standard stain options; with or without handles******price includes standard stain options; with or without handles***
OptionsOptions
Polyethylene Foam: $51Polyethylene Foam: $55
SSC Liner: $10SSC Liner: $10
LED Lighting $55LED Lighting $55
Custom Stain: $50Custom Stain: $50
Bulk Discount Information:

If we are able to sell 25 trays in the next 30 days, everyone who placed an order will receive an 8% rebate off the trays themselves. No discounts are available for the options offered.

If we receive 50 tray orders, the rebate will be 11%.

Added bonus: If we get to 50 trays ordered by November 15th, I'll give away another set of custom chips flippament style!

How to Order:

1) Go to sales.moxiemeninc.com and complete the order form.

2) Once completed, return to this thread and post a response indicating that you've placed an order. Sometimes form submissions get caught up in SPAM folders, so I wouldn't want to miss something. If you don't hear from me in a reasonable amount of time, please send a PM.

3) Once your order form is received, we will review and calculate shipping, and then send you an invoice.

4) Once your payment is received, your project will go into our work queue and we will contact you to discuss next steps.

FAQs

How many chips will each tray hold?

The 17" tray will hold a maximum of 640 39mm chips (32 barrels) and the 21" unit will hold 800 39mm chips (40 barrels).

How tall is the unit?

With the lid on it's about 5 1/2" tall.

I have jetons, dealer buttons and a mix of chip sizes. Are there any limitations to the foam configuration?

Not really - we're really only limited by our imagination and the footprint of the foam. Although balance is a consideration if you think you might transport the case at less than full capacity.

Can I store chips face up to display them?

Yes but it's not ideal. MyCaseBuilder.com has a minimum machining depth of 6mm, which is much deeper than the thickness of a typical poker chip. Plus storing single chips face up will consume quite a bit of foam area.

How high can they stack? Can I carry more than one of them around at a time?

We haven't tested how high they can stack, but 4-5 shouldn't be a problem so long as the object supporting them is strong and stable enough. The trays are not meant to be carried around more than one at a time - the handles haven't been load tested beyond one fully loaded tray.

Can I place an order now or should I wait until the end of the rebate period?

The prices above are our regular prices. An order can be placed at any time - and orders aren't considered placed until payment is received. Orders are filled in the order they are received.

When does production begin on my case?

Production begins immediately after payment is received. Details such as foam configuration and handle/stain choices don't need to be immediately determined.

What does shipping cost?

Depending on distance, shipping to the CONUS should reasonably cost between $25 - $40 for a case and lid.

Last edited:

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Light
IMG_20190828_105517115.jpg

Medium
IMG_20190828_105549841.jpg

Dark
IMG_20190828_105605196.jpg

No stain only clearcoat
IMG_20190828_105905745.jpg

Rope handle
IMG_20190811_140308309.jpg

Wood handle
68476059_10205930826466344_5880407542210756608_n.jpg

SSC liner
IMG_20190811_135645596.jpg

Foam color options
1567036422921.png

IMG_20190423_180934704.jpg

@sheikh617's final project before shipping. Custom stain.
IMG_20190814_163303421.jpg

Last edited:

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Bulk discount update:

Verbal commitments: 4
Orders placed: 1
Trays needed to get bulk discount: 25 24

Last edited:

BarrieJ3

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordering mine now. Curious to see what people think though, wood or rope handles?

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
For what it's worth, just one tray with lid and LED lighting. I'm thinking maybe no handle.
The 'no handle' option is primarily for those who want to add their own... if you plan to transport the case with any regularity, you'll definitely want handles on it.
Ordering mine now. Curious to see what people think though, wood or rope handles?
Thank you so much we appreciate your business!

BarrieJ3

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright Mike, sent my order in! Now to go figure out what chips are going in this.

I know there are pictures elsewhere for these and the various descriptions, but it's a bit choppy to search and understand. @sheikh617 could you at least throw a picture of yours up here? Looked pretty good to me!

JMC9389

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Could the foam potentially be modified to fit 44mm CPC chips? Asking for a friend :whistle: :whistling:

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Alright Mike, sent my order in! Now to go figure out what chips are going in this.
Thanks again for your order!

I know there are pictures elsewhere for these and the various descriptions, but it's a bit choppy to search and understand. @sheikh617 could you at least throw a picture of yours up here? Looked pretty good to me!
Sorry about that. I ran out of time last night but I wanted to get the announcement out. I've since added pictures to the 2nd post in this thread.

Thanks @sheikh617 for adding some photos to give this thread some much needed pr0n :)

JMC9389

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Good question. Yes - the foam can be cutout in any configuration you want. For example, in @sheikh617's case, there are cutouts to accommodate 6 different shaped objects.
Great! Couple more questions. Rather than bring this to PM, I'll leave this out in the open in case anyone else is curious.

Since the capacity estimates are based on 39mm chips, would you recommend getting the larger drawer for, say, 600 44mm chips?

Also, what is the deadline for submitting orders and payments for this project? Thanks!

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Great! Couple more questions. Rather than bring this to PM, I'll leave this out in the open in case anyone else is curious.

Since the capacity estimates are based on 39mm chips, would you recommend getting the larger drawer for, say, 600 44mm chips?
I'd have to play around with the foam design tool to see how many 44mm barrels would fit in each size foam. I'll try to do that this afternoon and get back to you.
Also, what is the deadline for submitting orders and payments for this project? Thanks!
We'll be accepting orders indefinitely. If we get 25 tray orders in the next 30 days, everyone who ordered in that window gets a rebate. Orders are filled in the order in which payment is received - turnaround time is around 30 days.

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Could the foam potentially be modified to fit 44mm CPC chips? Asking for a friend :whistle: :whistling:
Sorry for the delay. I configured a 21" insert for 44mm barrels (67mm tall), the footprint allows for 36 cutouts or 720 44mm chips.

You could probably fit a few more in by eliminating the 3 horizontal dividers.

44 mm.png

JMC9389

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I configured a 21" insert for 44mm barrels (67mm tall), the footprint allows for 36 cutouts or 720 44mm chips.

You could probably fit a few more in by eliminating the 3 horizontal dividers.

View attachment 354141
Awesome! That would fit my dream 600 44mm set perfectly. I would probably take away the extra 6 barrels worth of space for cards and other accessories.

Another question; if I opt for the solid wood top rather than the glass, would I be able to get the wood engraved?

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome! That would fit my dream 600 44mm set perfectly. I would probably take away the extra 6 barrels worth of space for cards and other accessories.

Another question; if I opt for the solid wood top rather than the glass, would I be able to get the wood engraved?
I'll work with you to create your configuration any way you like. If you want to shoot me the sizes of the objects you want to store (in a PM), I'll mock something up for you.

Engraving isn't a service we offer at this time - if that's your intention I would suggest ordering the case unfinished. After the engraving is finished, you could then finish it yourself.

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE: I am going to be at @detroitdad's meetup Thanksgiving weekend, so if anyone orders a case and is expecting to be there, I will make sure it's ready by then and bring it with me to avoid shipping costs.

Top Bottom