Problems with Bicycle Prestige (1 Viewer)

Leonard

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a setup of Bicycle Prestige cards. They were pretty popular with my players, but one guy, after losing a big hand, flipped his cards rather forcefully on the table and chipped the corner of one card. He always said that he hadn't done anything that bad, and, truthfully, it didn't really look that bad when he did it. More dramatic than truly mistreating the cards. We gave him crap about this, but I found a good deal on the cards on Amazon and bought two more setups.

On the second night with one of these setups, we noticed that the King of spades was torn:

I haven't tried to get the cards replaced, but I'm not sure that matters. I won't play with cards that are that fragile and prone to being damaged.

No more Bicycle Prestige for me.

L

Can't argue as I would probably also abandon the product after two such experiences, but I've used two setups in a once-a-week game for a few years (not my game - I would have traded them out by now) with no issues whatsoever.

I love these cards and have had very few problems. They do occasionally break and they show some discoloration after a bit but they are the only cards that work with my shuffletech.

same as above. Of all the cards I've used the Prestige are definitely my faves and my crowd's top pick. Only drawback is they do have a short life. Usually attributed to the longevity of the inks. I cant say I've ever had a chip or tear other than on my Desjgn cards.

I wonder if something has happened to some recent batches of their cards or something. I host a one or twice a month game and I've been using the same set of Prestige cards for the last 2 years. No discoloration and no breakages. When I originally bought them I bought 5 sets thinking I'd go through them like I used to with paper but I've never needed to change them out.

The only issue we have seen with them are the fading inks, but I haven't put the ones sold in the 2-deck packs (green/burgundy) into the rotation yet. I've only played games with the ones sold in the single-deck cardboard box. If they are the ones in the 2-deck packs, perhaps Mr Cheese is onto something. That would be disappointing, though.

Maybe I'll give mine a try in the next tournament to see if there are any issues with them.

Didn't even realize they sold a double deck version now. My comments above relate only to the single deck version which I bought for the game I play in but don't host. The previous decks were horribly warped KEMs. I'll take the Bike Prestige cards all day over post-USPC KEMs.

Mine are the double deck version. They handle well and slide great when dealing. They are about $15/setup shipped from Amazon if you are a prime member. Good deal until they break...

The only issue we have seen with them are the fading inks, but I haven't put the ones sold in the 2-deck packs (green/burgundy) into the rotation yet. I've only played games with the ones sold in the single-deck cardboard box. If they are the ones in the 2-deck packs, perhaps Mr Cheese is onto something. That would be disappointing, though.

Maybe I'll give mine a try in the next tournament to see if there are any issues with them.

Same here. I've been using the same two setups (blue & red) now for about two years and have had no problems except slight fading.

I've also had a deck of prestige chip a entire corner off. I loved these cards until that point and they didn't get that much use. I'll pass on these cards from now on.

I've also had a deck of prestige chip a entire corner off. I loved these cards until that point and they didn't get that much use. I'll pass on these cards from now on.

Were these the red/blue standard index in the single black boxes, or the dual deck green/burgundy cards? Just wondering if there's a pattern.

I experienced a chipped corner from a player whipping his hand into the muck when he got sucked out on...

otherwise solid performers. This experience would not prevent me from buying the, if they ever go back on BOGO at Walgreens... Been a while since I've seen them on sale.

I have a single deck. My biggest problem is they are too slippery. I'll stick with cartamundi aces or copag from now on.

Were these the red/blue standard index in the single black boxes, or the dual deck green/burgundy cards? Just wondering if there's a pattern.

These were the single red/blue standard index in the single black boxes. I liked them until this point. None of my cards were abused.

All the ones I have are the single box bogo from Walgreens. I'm still waiting for the day when the first set will be damaged. 2+ years and still going strong with monthly games:D

I finally emailed Bicycle. They asked that I send in the Ace of Spades and the damaged card and they will replace the deck. One of the decks was just thrown away when it became damaged, but I'm sending the cards from the second deck back.

L

I like these a lot. I have never had any problems with mine. Pretty slippery but they are stout. (thickness). I wish they had the old school bicycle backs though.

I have noticed torn corners on cards and I think a lot of times they come from a few players repeatedly checking their cards all wsop style by bending the corners up. It just weakens them over time there on the corner. Or when people hold their cards by the corners when showing their frustration that they want to call but know they are going to muck....

Interesting.... I have two single deck prestige and was playing them weekly for several months without a problem. None of my guys were throwing them down though. They still show plenty signs of life.

I pretty much use copags now because I happen to prefer them on the chan cloth. The prestige were too slippery like another poster stated.

Interesting.... I have two single deck prestige and was playing them weekly for several months without a problem. None of my guys were throwing them down though. They still show plenty signs of life.

I pretty much use copags now because I happen to prefer them on the chan cloth. The prestige were too slippery like another poster stated.

I'm finding them too slippery. I love my Modianos!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom