Private poker room from scratch. Essentials? (1 Viewer)

vince

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the happy position to build a poker room from scratch. So beside the core things like a table and chips. What do you consider as essentials? Are there things you are missing and you would like in your poker room? What about optional things?

For your records, the only given thing for the moment is my hexagon table with about 5 feet diameter and of course the room with the size of 10x13,1 feet.

Thanks and cheers,
Vince

Lots of things to consider. Seating, wall hangings (art, neon signs, poker chip sample displays, etc.), Audio/Visual (TVs, speakers, etc), games or other activities. For inspiration, check out the following:

Check out pics in this Man Cave thread

Beer fridge then work out lol. I wish I had drink/ snack tables to keep that stuff off the tables.

The playing environment is most important. I prefer plenty of indirect lighting, light colored walls and comfortable chairs. A nice table and decent chips are frosting on the cake.

Floating-Poker-Table-Action-Norris-M-670x400.jpg

Lots of things to consider. Seating, wall hangings (art, neon signs, poker chip sample displays, etc.), Audio/Visual (TVs, speakers, etc), games or other activities. For inspiration, check out the following:

Check out pics in this Man Cave thread
Thanks for the link. I'm getting pale seeing those beautiful caves. But a nice for inspiration.

A bathroom is always nice. Refrigerator, or mini fridge at least.
Everything available.

Plenty of lighting.
I prefer plenty of indirect lighting
No dark cave, huh? :p Indirect light is a good idea.

don't forget the cards and chairs.
What's about the players? I loose all the time heads up agains me :confused:
I think the chairs are good and I bought some Modiano Platinum (I saw some thread about cards).

Cheers,
Vince

Last edited:
Is this private in the sense of being a club but a legitimate business venture, or truly private as in you are pimping your man cave for friends and family to hang out?

If it's the former I'd suggest that your first accessory should be an attorney who specializes in gaming law for your area. I'm assuming it's the latter though in which case I like everything that has been suggested so far.

Having two tvs facing each other is nice so nobody has to turn around to catch the action on the tube. Seating is critical. Don't forget to match the seating height to the table height. People of all different sizes need to be able to sit comfortably for hours. Adjustable chairs like the kind @Trihonda recently scored are great in this department.

The single biggest hit of my poker room is this.

Great Northern Commercial Quality 18 Hot Dog and 7 Roller Grilling Machine, 1400-Watt
by Great Northern Popcorn Company
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WO92MG

View attachment 73638

There was a regular game I played at for a few years that had one, it was popular!

I forgot all about that until you posted this. It is a great idea, hotdogs and buns are cheap filling food that people really enjoy.

Any ideas for beverage dispensers for hard liquor mixed drinks?

I love the way they always exaggerate the capacity. Looks like a 12-dog machine to me, unless you're talking Vienna dogs from a can. :cool:
It depends on the hot dog. Nathans I can only get 12, but Hebrew National I can get all 18 on there. Hebrew National are the dog of choice for the Windy Crest Poker Room!

It depends on the hot dog. Nathans I can only get 12, but Hebrew National I can get all 18 on there. Hebrew National are the dog of choice for the Windy Crest Poker Room!
Both fine choices!

How long to get a well-done Hebrew National on that machine?
I set the temp to "3" and the dogs are ready in about 10-15 minutes. They stay good for about 2 hours until they dry up like a 7/11 dog. They will be ready in less than 5 minutes when turned all the way up, but they split.

The single biggest hit of my poker room is this.

Great Northern Commercial Quality 18 Hot Dog and 7 Roller Grilling Machine, 1400-Watt
by Great Northern Popcorn Company
Link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WO92MG

Love it and for $108 you've got me thinking ... especially with baseball season coming up. How much of a chore is it to clean one?

Love it and for $108 you've got me thinking ... especially with baseball season coming up. How much of a chore is it to clean one?
It's quite easy to clean. I turn it off at night and the next day during clean up I power it up and set it to "1". I then use a wet soapy dish rag folded over several times and run it up and down the rollers. After it's heated up it cleans very easily even with just hot water. I rinse out the dish rag and wipe it off again. Unplug and put away when cool. I've had mine for 18 months now without any problems (3-6 uses a month), so the quality appears to be good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom