Price Reduced to Wholesale Cost ($600): Cherry Chip Display Cabinet

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Chippers! Thank you for checking out my ad!

UPDATE: 7-8-19: Price reduced to $600 (plus actual shipping & crating) including the foam lined tray.

***This is my actual cost - hoping to sell to fund additional prototypes.***

Update 4-25-19: Cabinet has been modified to include a key-lock on the drawer and an RFID lock for the lid. Cabinet also now featured inset drawer front. Chip capacity should remain roughly the same.

For sale is the second prototype from our poker chip cabinet development project. Updated price with locks: $900 $600 including the foam-lined removable tray ($100 value).

Chips and racks not included.

Payment via Paypal F&F preferred or via major credit card. To purchase, please send a PM or email mike@moxiemeninc.com. Product will be packaged and shipped within 5 business days of purchase.

Free delivery available for zip codes within 75 miles of 49504.

To read @detroitdad's review of the first prototype, see this thread.

Dimensions:

~23 5/8" wide;
~22 1/2" deep;
~15 1/2" tall with lid closed;
~32" tall with lid open.

Features:
  • Foam lined pull-out tray designed to hold 800 chips;
  • LED lighting in top;
  • Constructed using cherry hardwood and cherry plywood materials;
  • Self-closing drawer slides;
  • Top compartment features removable suited speed felt lining on bottom;
  • Dovetail assembly method in drawer and tray;
  • RFID lock in lid;
  • Key lock in drawer.
  • Glass top.
Capacity:

Top will accommodate approximately 37 Paulson racks* filled with chips;
Drawer will accommodate 800 chips in tray or 12 filled Paulson racks*.

*Other chip racks with vary.

Warranty:

Since this is a prototype, no warranty implied or otherwise stated is being offered at this time.

Thanks again to the chipping community for your support, encouragement and feedback as we worked though our design and development process!

2 RFID keys included.

Leaving the old pictures up to show capacity. Drawer front is different now.

Drawer without tray:

Drawer with tray:

Attachments

Last edited:

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Love the case, but on what do you set it? 22-1/2 inches is awfully deep. :tdown:
A table or a counter top would work just fine, or any other flat surface really. It is inherently designed to be placed near a wall with an outlet.

The depth is somewhat of a requirement due to the size of the drawer, as well as the counterweight that is mounted inside the back of the cabinet. If this turns out to be a serious concern for potential buyers, we might need to look at a design modification to shorten the footprint of the box. But for now unless there's a lot of negative feedback, this is the shape we're going to production with.

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
What about additional stackable sections w/ drawers? Shooting for the stars I guess. :)
Currently, the drawers won't accommodate stacked racks. This is by design - the more weight the drawers can hold, the heavier the counterweight needs to be.

We can build just about any feature you can think of into the product - but there are always cost and weight considerations.

pltrgyst

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
A table or a counter top would work just fine, or any other flat surface really. It is inherently designed to be placed near a wall with an outlet.
The problem for me is that most everything in our house -- dressers, sideboards, etc. -- are 17-18 inches deep. Our kitchen counters are 23" usable depth, but I can't see keeping my chips in the kitchen or a bathroom. Even a Sarge (or any other rolling toolbox I can come up with quickly) couldn't accommodate one of these on top.

The outlet requirement complicates things further. If it's on a countertop with an outlet built into the backsplash, the outlet couldn't be behind the case, since the plug and cable would protrude, so you'd be tying up even more counter real estate to one side. And if the outlet is lower down on the wall, again, on what do you place this case?

I bought a couple of expensive custom oak chip cabinets a few years ago that are nearly 24" deep, and they've yet to be taken out of their delivery boxes because of this problem. :(

I think that to use these, people are going to have dedicated poker rooms with full-depth countertops, and that probably limits your potential customer list quite a bit. Make them wider and 17" deep, and I'll bet you'd have much greater sales.

Anyway, they're awfully nice looking. GLWS...

Ringer3

Two Pair
Reaction score
I think it would be nice with a flat top, but still with the glass in it, and also a couple of more drawers.. That'd be awesome for someone with a lot of chips to store... Don't get me wrong its sweet now, but if it had more storage space, id be very interested..

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I think that to use these, people are going to have dedicated poker rooms with full-depth countertops, and that probably limits your potential customer list quite a bit. Make them wider and 17" deep, and I'll bet you'd have much greater sales.

Anyway, they're awfully nice looking. GLWS...
Thanks for the thoughtful response. They're really meant to be placed on a table near a wall. A counter would work too if someone has a kitchenette or something similar with some extra space - but that wasn't what we had in mind when we designed this cabinet.

We've discussed a cart of sorts as an add-on accessory - but that's more of a phase-2 thing. Probably not going to happen in 2019.

When we designed these, we were more or less operating under the assumption that our customer has a dedicated poker space. This isn't the kind of product you get out while you're using it and then put it back in the closet until the next game.

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I think it would be nice with a flat top, but still with the glass in it, and also a couple of more drawers.. That'd be awesome for someone with a lot of chips to store... Don't get me wrong its sweet now, but if it had more storage space, id be very interested..
You mean like our first prototype? I still have it - I'd gladly sell you this one if you're interested. Send me a PM or email me at mike@moxiemeninc.com.

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Bumping to add two remarks:

1) I can accept credit card payments;

2) Plans have been made to modify this cabinet with locks of some sort. If someone purchases this cabinet before Monday, the locks will be installed before shipping at no additional expense (unless the buyer doesn't want them). If no one purchases the cabinet before Monday, the cost of the locks and the labor to install them will be added to the purchase price.

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Since the cabinet didn't sell over the weekend I sent it back to the builder to install some locks. You're still welcome to inquire and make an offer if you're interested, but it'll probably be a week or two before it's ready to ship.

As to where to put it, I've had it on a simple $45 Ikea desk and it's worked out just fine. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49932670/#/S89932668

pltrgyst

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
....As to where to put it, I've had it on a simple $45 Ikea desk and it's worked out just fine.
Not to flog a dead horse, but that's great if you have a dedicated basement or similarly large area, but in that case you probably have permanent cabinets and countertops.

But for most of us who have a poker table in a den, or who use a poker table top on our dining table, etc., there's just no space to erect -- permanently or temporarily -- a 45" table like that. And no wife who's going to tolerate an Ikea table in our living space.

IMO, your potential customers for those deep cabinets are going to be people living in 4000+ sf homes, with lots of extra space. They're not going to be us poor retirees or young people living in apartments, condos, or houses (like mine) of 2400 sf or less. And guess which demographic is larger?

Last edited:

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Not to flog a dead horse, but that's great if you have a dedicated basement or similarly large area, but then case you probably have permanent cabinets and countertops.

But for most of us who have a poker table in a den, or who use a poker table top on our dining table, etc., there's just no space to erect -- permanently or temporarily -- a 45" table like that. And no wife who's going to tolerate an Ikea table in our living space.

IMO, your potential customers for those deep cabinets are going to be people living in 4000+ sf homes, with lots of extra space. They're not going to be us poor retirees or young people living in apartments, condos, or houses (like mine) of 2400 sf or less. And guess which demographic is larger?
I don't surmise people keep their chips out in the open in their living rooms, but maybe I'm wrong. You're correct though, these cabinets need their own dedicated space.

I don't know the demographics of all PCFers, but it seems to be quite a variety ranging from modest incomes to others who appear to be rather well-off. But as is the case with any well made, high quality product, there are always going to be external factors that limit the market. I'm more focused on what can be controlled.

sheikh617

Two Pair
Reaction score
That drawer tray that holds 800 should be an item you sell. I'd love to buy something like that which holds 1000 chips and has a top. I'd order like 3-4 and you can just stack them for space efficiency. The top that goes over it can have cutouts where the two handles can slide through. You could even offer laser engraving options on top if people wanted to personalize with with poker room names etc. Any chances on this possibly being an item?

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your inquiry and for your suggestion!

So if I understand what you're asking for, you'd like stackable trays that lock together with the option of a removable lid you could place on top?

It's an interesting idea - I'd be curious as others' thoughts on the idea. As a production item, I'm not sure how viable it is but I can definitely get a custom quote for a one-off item like that if you're serious about it.

I have more questions about what you have in mind, so send me a PM and we'll continue the conversation from there.

Forty4

Full House
Reaction score
Thanks for your inquiry and for your suggestion!

So if I understand what you're asking for, you'd like stackable trays that lock together with the option of a removable lid you could place on top?

It's an interesting idea - I'd be curious as others' thoughts on the idea. As a production item, I'm not sure how viable it is but I can definitely get a custom quote for a one-off item like that if you're serious about it.

I have more questions about what you have in mind, so send me a PM and we'll continue the conversation from there.
What about additional stackable sections w/ drawers? Shooting for the stars I guess. :)

Johnblue

High Hand
Reaction score
All I gotta say, you are awesome! These displays are awesome, you are on the right track.

I think making a single drawer stackable system is going to be the key. Modular pieces so the rack system can grow with a collection.

Maybe design a “legs” piece. Or a rolling cart like you were talking about. Maybe a perfect solution is a simple single cabinet drawer that it stands on.

This stuff is so nice, I think it deserves to stand on its own.

Modular custom pieces so you can personalize your hardwood chipsafe.

Moxie Mike

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
All I gotta say, you are awesome! These displays are awesome, you are on the right track.

I think making a single drawer stackable system is going to be the key. Modular pieces so the rack system can grow with a collection.

Maybe design a “legs” piece. Or a rolling cart like you were talking about. Maybe a perfect solution is a simple single cabinet drawer that it stands on.

This stuff is so nice, I think it deserves to stand on its own.

Modular custom pieces so you can personalize your hardwood chipsafe.
Thanks for the kind words!

A stackable option is in the works - the first iteration is going to be less of a drawer and more of a tray with an option lid. More on this to come soon!

Top Bottom