Presenting “The White Coat Club” (2 Viewers)

djfayze

Flush
Reaction score
A few months ago I told @Gear I wouldn’t bother him with another order for a long while… and I’m sure you all know that was a lie. When these MD-50 solids came up for sale at a killer deal in the classifieds a while back I was sucked right back in to designing another set. And now, after my first attempt at milling, I present to you…

The White Coat Club

AE4D83F2-5190-49AE-BA11-D19F713A99BA.jpeg

I’ve tried to center all of my custom sets around something significant to me. My “Red Desert Card Room” for my home town in Southern Utah. My “Hobby Guru” set to go along with my serial hobbyist antics. And now “The White Coat Club” for my career.

I started medical school here in Orlando a little over 2 years ago. Ever since I first got into poker last October, my player pool has consisted primarily of my medical school classmates. They’ve seen the entire progression of my chipping addiction, from a cheap plastic folding table and dice chips to a handful of custom sets, cut cards, and more.

Almost every Wednesday (barring a large test) we get together for a few hours to blow off the steam of 80 hour work weeks and 8 hour exams. We all started playing around the same time, so we have learned and progressed together and slowly upped the stakes as we go. We still play micro stakes ($125,000 in school loans ya know, yikes) and have a great time doing it.

This was the first set that I’ve attempted to mill, and I’ll admit it wasn’t the easiest. The area these chips have available to mill is only slightly larger than the 7/8” bit I used, so while I attempted to center each chip as best I could, the lacking tolerances of my cheap drill press caused most chips to be somewhat off. I only had 2 casualties, which is why one stack of blues is short 2 chips. Are they perfect? Nah. Do I love them still? Absolutely. But enough chat, let’s get to the pr0n!

FA064354-C4BA-4337-BA9A-6AC3D83FF69F.jpeg

23B86876-4381-405E-A63F-388A0241EC16.jpeg

8733D07B-EB90-4E9F-9A91-34DFEA73F9EC.jpeg

336701DA-F93C-4AC9-A0BE-68D362A8C4DE.jpeg

37DBB767-F184-454B-B548-10A1EB89C31F.jpeg

2FEFAFFD-E54D-4561-BDC4-68E2DA00CD01.jpeg

Samples please if you get any extra! I was playing around with a similar theme (medicine themes with various objects pertaining to) that never got off the ground.

Samples please if you get any extra! I was playing around with a similar theme (medicine themes with various objects pertaining to) that never got off the ground.

Samples may be tough… I have exactly full racks :confused But I’ve got a cut card planned and I’m sure I’ll make extras. If you end up doing a set I want to see it!

Awesome relabel. Looks like you are short a $1 for a complete rack. We need to help you fix that right away

I’m short 2! Casualties of an inexperienced milling job :cry: If you know where to find some, I’m all ears! Thanks for the kind words!

A few months ago I told @Gear I wouldn’t bother him with another order for a long while… and I’m sure you all know that was a lie. When these MD-50 solids came up for sale at a killer deal in the classifieds a while back I was sucked right back in to designing another set. And now, after my first attempt at milling, I present to you…

The White Coat Club

View attachment 764623

I’ve tried to center all of my custom sets around something significant to me. My “Red Desert Card Room” for my home town in Southern Utah. My “Hobby Guru” set to go along with my serial hobbyist antics. And now “The White Coat Club” for my career.

I started medical school here in Orlando a little over 2 years ago. Ever since I first got into poker last October, my player pool has consisted primarily of my medical school classmates. They’ve seen the entire progression of my chipping addiction, from a cheap plastic folding table and dice chips to a handful of custom sets, cut cards, and more.

Almost every Wednesday (barring a large test) we get together for a few hours to blow off the steam of 80 hour work weeks and 8 hour exams. We all started playing around the same time, so we have learned and progressed together and slowly upped the stakes as we go. We still play micro stakes ($125,000 in school loans ya know, yikes) and have a great time doing it.

This was the first set that I’ve attempted to mill, and I’ll admit it wasn’t the easiest. The area these chips have available to mill is only slightly larger than the 7/8” bit I used, so while I attempted to center each chip as best I could, the lacking tolerances of my cheap drill press caused most chips to be somewhat off. I only had 2 casualties, which is why one stack of blues is short 2 chips. Are they perfect? Nah. Do I love them still? Absolutely. But enough chat, let’s get to the pr0n!

View attachment 764630
View attachment 764631
View attachment 764632
View attachment 764633
View attachment 764635
View attachment 764637
I want to do something just like this. Please suss out the timeline from the first time you thought about it to this moment. Show me your mill also!

I LOVE an old school solid home poker set like this! I'm trying to convince myself to not do something similar...

Good job! Sometimes the imperfections of milling are endearing to those who know how much work you put into them.

I agree! And honestly no one would notice unless they really were examining the chips, which my players are not haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom