Prepping for Vegas - Bankroll Challenge (1 Viewer)

Came down for one last session. I had $1000 of live chips I needed to cash for my trip.

$440 to start the hand. Had AK off suit in the small blind and most of the table called a $6 straddle, so I made it $50. Two calls. Flop A37 rainbow, I bet $85, one call, one jam, I rejam, call. Clear runout and I hold against aq and the other mucked.
IMG_20190510_184258.jpg

$800 profit and I'm immediately out of here lol. Now I'm dreaming of Vegas and the fucking mirage :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

$1150 profit in two sessions.The love is back and just in time for the trip.

The guy next to me even commented that he was surprised how passively I was playing up to that point. That's when you know you are gunshy.

Last edited:
I felt like I had to share this. Before this morning the most chips I had was about 200m. Ive already redeemed most of what I need, but topped up for $7 and turned 50m chips into 550m.

Just started another round and was spinning at about 5m a spin and got one of the 10 free spin bonuses. One of those hit a few wilds with 2x 3x etc and I won 1.5billion chips in a single spin lol

Run good for Vegas lol
Screenshot_20190512_105030.jpg

Last edited:
I felt like I had to share this. Before this morning the most chips I had was about 200m. Ive already redeemed most of what I need, but toppes up for $7 and turned 50m chips into 550m.

Just started another round and was spinning at about 5m a spin and got one of the 10 free spin bonuses. One of those hit a few wilds with 2x 3x etc and I won 1.5billion chips in a single spin lol

Run good for Vegas lol
View attachment 286729
Nice. So does this convert to real money? Or just play money?

Nice. So does this convert to real money? Or just play money?
You earn coins for betting a certain amount of chips per spin.

The coins can be redeemed for things like comp nights, comp buffets, monorail, show tickets etc and then bogof deals for the same thing. If you are staying in a hotel you can redeem for free play too.

Oh, and I hate when someone buys in with a 50 dollar bill. I always try and give it back to them if that person cashes out ahead.
Me too. I stick to 100aud bills for poker.

Unfortunately I was only able to get five 100 dollar bills. The rest were bloody 50s

My last game I had 3 people buy in with almost all $50’s. I had like $2k in $50’s. I think they all played in the same game the previous week and got them there.

It's funny, my usual game is a $50 tourney so lots and lots of $50's in circulation. That $50 bill superstition never seemed to make it up to our neck of the woods.

You know Vegas time is approaching when........
View attachment 288774
Oh and is it just me or are 50 dollar notes super annoying. They seem to get stuck together.

Just 11 more days till I hit the strip.
The $10 and $50 are superfluous. I hate them. I remember a video from way back of Jennifer Harmon and other poker players talking about how they hated the $50.

Oh, and I hate when someone buys in with a 50 dollar bill. I always try and give it back to them if that person cashes out ahead.
It's bad luck to be superstitious! ;)

$50's don't bother me. Lots of people use them to buy in to our games. However, I do prefer hundos so your bankroll isn't so fat!

It has nothing to do with Superstition. It's a pain in the ass to put in my bank. I don't have an extra slot for $50 bills so they get mixed in with either the 20s or the 100

The $50s stick because they're contaminated with powder. Apparently $1 and $100 have the least contamination...

It has nothing to do with Superstition. It's a pain in the ass to put in my bank. I don't have an extra slot for $50 bills so they get mixed in with either the 20s or the 100
People buy in with bills other the $20/$50/$100? I know you need $1/$5 for cash out, but assuming 4 slots, I'd combine those two, not $50/$100.

I use the slots for 1's, 5's, 10's and 20's. The 100's go in the top part of the drawer. 10's are simply more practical than 50's so they get their own slot.

As I do it now, I mix the 50's and 100's together. I don't care to do that. I've almost fucked it up before.

I'm going to post in your meetup thread encouraging all attendees to bring $50 bills :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
You'd hate me so much

You are too organized! ;) I use a bank bag and a jumbo paper binder clip. Low tech.

I put everything smaller than a $20 in the “change” envelope. Very rare that people buy in for anything other than $20’s and $100’s and the occasional $50’s. Last game was an oddity for sure.

I put everything smaller than a $20 in the “change” envelope. Very rare that people buy in for anything other than $20’s and $100’s and the occasional $50’s. Last game was an oddity for sure.
I played in a home game where one guy bought in, in part, with about $140 in ones and fives. I asked if that was money from his paper route. He said that he just put all his small bills in a jar every night to use for poker. The host made sure to pay him out with his buy-in cash.

I played in a home game where one guy bought in, in part, with about $140 in ones and fives. I asked if that was money from his paper route. He said that he just put all his small bills in a jar every night to use for poker. The host made sure to pay him out with his buy-in cash.

I had a guy bring $200 in $2 bills, he thought it was so funny. He got a lot of them back when he cashed out, but he lost money so there were still some left. Thankfully one of my regulars works at a bank so he took the rest of them for me. Smartass is on the very bottom tier of my invite list.

I don't mind one buyin with all 5's... As long as you don't mind cashing out with all 5's... But usually the host has enough change to cash out everyone out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom