Preferred index (2 Viewers)

Far_Mur_Jo

Sitting Out
Reaction score
The title is pretty self explanatory. What card indices do you prefer? I myself favor the poker index, but my buds prefer playing with jumbo indices, because two of them are short-sighted and it's hard for them, even with glasses/contacts to see the cards.

Depends on the game. Poker size jumbo for hold'em, and poker size standard for PLO. I tried bridge size jumbo Fournier ("Congress") cards for one tournament, and most people preferred the poker sized cards.

Gotta say though, jumbos with the yellow center are my favorites, especially at a large oval.

Dave

I quite like the jumbo-sized ones for poker, purely because they're visually striking for opponents.

Its always quite lame when a pot goes to showdown, someone flips over their cards and their opponent peers over asking 'what have you got there?'

Plus its always nice to coolly and silently (perhaps coldly!) flip over your AA when your opponent calls and know full well he instantly knows he's doomed as the site of your cards!

I prefer to shuffle bridge size, but the primary reason I have bridge size is because I can fit an additional 2-4 decks in my case. I deal for a bar league, and if I've got to shuffle every time, bridge size is easier, though it doesn't make that much difference.

I prefer jumbo index on most tables simply because they are easier to see, especially for older players. While I personally like regular index better, for the tournaments I host, I use the jumbo index.

Last edited:
Officially, the Key West uses poker size / jumbo index. You can't beat it for reading the board on a big table.

I do love the real KEM / Bicycle WSOP decks, which are bridge / standard.

So I guess as long as I see pocket aces, I don't care what size they are.

I like these... :)

photo-main.jpg

Yup. Those are just a bit smaller than the jumbos used by Fournier and others, and is one of my favorites. I'm hoping Desjgn adds more back colours...it'll give me an excuse to buy another setup of them. :)

For those who haven't bought a lot of cards, there are varying degrees of size for indices between manufacturers. I took a few pictures this afternoon of the Ace of Spades from the decks I have.

Top row: Bicycle Prestige, Four52 reg index, Kem reg Index, Cartamundi ACE, Desjgn Classic Victorian
Middle Row: Modiano Platinum Acetate Jumbo, Ovalyon Jumbo, Four52 Jumbo, Fournier EPT, Fournier WSOP
Bottow Row: Marion Pro Jumbo, Fournier Congress (Bridge size)

20130902_153801_Medium.jpg

Here they are lined up

20130902_153844_Medium.jpg

My understanding is that
- Modiano Platinum Acetate regular index is between the Bicycle Prestige and Cartamundi ACE
- Bicycle Jumbo is about the size of the Marion Pro
- KEM Jumbo is larger than any of these

To be honest, the Fournier cards are the largest pip I'll use, and I'm not willing to spend the $$$ on another setup of Modiano PA's. So, I won't be able to confirm the above. If someone has them and can compare to any of the above, feel free to take a similar picture.

My favorite card would
- have the feel/flex of the Prestige
- have the pip size of the Fournier Bridge cards
- have the brightness of the Four52 cards
- poker size

Still haven't found it...

Dave C

Last edited:
He is going to have his own section here soon where he can post all the details for the new shipments he should be getting soon. I have on order, a dozen sets, 6 of one color set and 6 of the other. I will be offering some as giveaway prizes in the future. :)

He is going to have his own section here soon where he can post all the details for the new shipments he should be getting soon. I have on order, a dozen sets, 6 of one color set and 6 of the other. I will be offering some as giveaway prizes in the future. :)

Very cool. The one GB I ran was for Desjgn cards.

Sounds good. I've used the Classic Victorians in a few games, and they were well received. Very nice cards. Hopefully these new ones will be just as nice.

Last edited:
I have Jumbo index Kems (original), PA Modianos, and a boatload of other manufacturers. What is it you need to know?

Hey Milo.

From my post above
CdnBeerLover said:
My understanding is that
- Modiano Platinum Acetate regular index is between the Bicycle Prestige and Cartamundi ACE
- Bicycle Jumbo is about the size of the Marion Pro
- KEM Jumbo is larger than any of these
If someone has them and can compare to any of the above, feel free to take a similar picture.

Is that accurate? I don't have any of those (yet...).

Dave

Okay, let me get back to you . . . I do not have a couple of those, but was playing with the ACEs last week at my buddies cottage.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Modiano PA regular index is 1-2 mm taller than the Prestige regular index
The original KEMS jumbo index is DOUBLE the size of the regular index Prestige cards, thus almost double the Modiano PAs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom