SOLD Pre-UPCC new KEM setup Blackjack index (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i got these from @Sparty (and he's got the right of refusal on these as far as I'm concerned, but I haven't heard back from him yet.) He mentioned in his evolution thread that he bought these many years ago - 2004? - but never used them. I figured I had to check out some pre-US Playing Card Company KEMs for myself, and he was willing to sell, so there you go.
Problem is, they're standard index, which drive me insane. They're also poker size, FYI.
Looks to me like the black deck has never been touched, so I didn't touch it. The green deck is still in its plastic, but had been shuffled, so I took them out and gave them a riffle. They feel great. Too bad they're not for me. They'll make somebody happy. They seem mint to me. As you can see from the pictures, there's no warping at all. Asking what I paid - $44 plus shipping.
NOW $40 SHIPPED CONUS
NOW $35 SHIPPED CONUS PPFF

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
These are great! I say someone else should have them. My regulars would never have appreciated them, so I never used them!!

Are you sure these are 2004? The ace of spades date code indicates these were made in 2011.
No, I'm absolutely not. I was guessing on the date - I was told they were purchased 17 years ago.
Maybe some estimates have been wrong.
I assumed that since they didn't say USPCC on the ace of spades, that they had to be that old. I welcome feedback, and I'll throw a question mark in the subject line.

From what I understand If the cards are Pre USPC then the Ace of Spades will read "KEM Plastic Playing Cards, Inc." If not they read "The U.S. Playing Card Co"

For Pre USPC KEM's the letter at the front of the code signifies the year. A=1998, B=1999, C=2000, and D=2001 and the numbers that follow signify month and day. So your decks would be from 1999 - B=1999

Ah... I read somewhere that the number codes were month and year on Kems... 111 = January 2011? I guess my info is wrong. Sorry guys. :(

Ok, so... I just found this on eBay...

UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention that, since US Playing Card Co. purchased Kem (2004) the date codes have changed slightly. Some of the decks printed used a letter + number to indicate the year printed: A=1998, B=1999, C=2000, and D=2001. For example, if the deck has "A12", that deck was printed in December of 1998. Subsequent years use the same month/date code as the older, pre-USPC decks: "202"= February, 2002, etc.

But that doesn't explain a letter with a three digit code. Now I'm really confused. What the hell is B111??? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom